Search results

1. NOTW

Ash Dowels, Danish Cord, and Lineberry Carts

Hate I couldn’t make it work to meet today, I’ve restored a lineberry cart before and use it as my coffee table currently. I went with cleaning the rust off repainting all the metal and getting all new wood
  2. NOTW

Meeting would be easiest, i'm in Clayton
  3. NOTW

Keep me posted on the price please, i would be interested in one or maybe two depending on the price and condition
  4. NOTW

You planning on getting rid of the Lineberry carts?
  5. NOTW

How get rid of sawdust?

plastic bag in the trash can is my go to now, i used to just dump the dust bin into the can at the street and watch the cloud of dust when the trash make picked it up but I have gotten nicer as i've gotten older :-)
  6. NOTW

Over the top shop!

is the shop not the project? :D
  7. NOTW

Attaching small table tops

I like to use the figure 8 fastners, easy to use, allows for expansion and contraction https://www.woodworkingshop.com/product/sl20001/
  8. NOTW

JET 10/20 Plus drum sander - $100 (Supply) GONE

Posting has been deleted
  9. NOTW

Steel tool rest vs cast iron

Cast iron becomes brittle in cold weather. I have broken rests before from them getting cold and then snapping.
  10. NOTW

Woodworker’s Supply going out of business

You can buy it if you want to.
  11. NOTW

Ruobo workbench “ leg up”

Sugar maple top and Walnut base, that is going to be beautiful
  12. NOTW

Screws for General Purpose

Another fan of Spax, was having a lot of trouble with general wood screws at the big box stores having the heads break off, never have this issue with Spax.
  13. NOTW

Grizzly G0946 6" Jointer w/ Spiral Cutterhead- Good? Not so good?

I've never been a fan of benchtop jointers, the beds aren't long enough to be effective. That being said i have no experience with the jointer model you have listed.
  14. NOTW

Shop Floor Mat / Tile Suggestions?

I've got the cheap ones from Harbor Freight in front of my bench, been there for several years and no issues. https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-anti-fatigue-foam-mat-set-94635.html
  15. NOTW

Industrial Recovery Services (IRS) Auction in Hickory ends today

whoever got the 2 Lineberry carts made out pretty good
  16. NOTW

CO2 Laser fume extractor

we are about to buy one for our epilog laser at work, but with a price of $3,500 just for the fume extractor they are not cheap.
  17. NOTW

New workshop build

it seems like you took the approach of getting things set in the house correctly then moving to working on your shop. I on the other hand took a different approach when we moved 5 years ago, I told my wife in order to hang things and decorate the house like she wanted I needed my tools and to...
  18. NOTW

MWTCA - Mid West Tool Collectors Association35th Annual meeting 9/16/2023

you are enabling sir! Also, where do i register?
  19. NOTW

First Lathe?

When considering which lathe to buy I think a good rule of thumb is the lathe itself should be about 50% of your total budget as turning tools, chucks, etc. quickly take up a lot of the budget. I have the Turncrafter lathe that i bought used and have never had any issues with it, i would...
  20. NOTW

Waterlox refinish question

Dog's water bowl was made years later actually, I used polyurethane on the top of it and it did not hold up well to all the leaking water from the dog's mouth, Waterlox or spare urethane maybe a better option for it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS