Search results

1. FredP

Another vanity awaiting paint

This is for a client.
  2. FredP

A different technique

I'm not sure how this will turn out yet. If it turns out good I'll share the technique. I was going for a antique look so I didn't get too particular with fit and finish. This is with the first coat of waterlox. If I like the finished product I likely make a table base for it ans maybe add a...
  3. FredP

Another cabinet almost complete

Primed and waiting for assembly. Paint by others.
  4. FredP

Memory box

Maple and walnut with blackwood finial. 2 coats watco teak oil. I'll wax it tomorrow.
  5. FredP

Vanity in progress (updated)

Walnut.
  6. FredP

First project in a long time

Purple heart and soft maple. No finish yet. This is for my wife on her birthday. Someone was asking about hinges a while back. I made my own from hard maple.
  7. FredP

Inspired by Don.

First attempt. I made some mistakes along the way but looking like I am going to recover. Rocks are crushed glass and some gold glitter mixed in. Final coat of epoxy is drying. Fingers crossed. There's always the burn pit.... ;)
  8. FredP

Porch swing for SWMBO

Ipe purple and sapele. No finish. The back is some sort of plastic with twigs embedded in it. Job find. Done Back Bottom On the bench
  9. FredP

Crealbilly?

Anyone heard from jeff lately?
  10. FredP

Wild cherry free

Took down a large dead cherry tree yesterday. There are lots of turning blanks available. Bring help.
  11. FredP

An experiment in stain

These are called black irises. When the flowers wither and die they will stain your fingers if you pull them off. I cut some off and stuck them in a jar. Then I added some mineral spirits. DNA might have been a better choice but I'm out of that today. I'll let them soak for a few days. Will try...
  12. FredP

A music box

This was started before Christmas (fast huh?) I had the finger joints for the sides and fit but lost interest. The top and bottom were roughed out but I didn't know if I wanted to use them so it sat out in the shop in the cold until today. The music box was scrounged from an older cheap store...
  13. FredP

Leftover DC parts sold

Grizzley 2hp DC minus the motor and blower. Stand wheels and bags all look almost new. Anyone need these? Make offer. May have some extra stuff for it. No pics yet.
  14. FredP

Broken dust collector sold.

Trips the breaker. Great for parts or a DYI project. Make an offer. I'm very flexible. Impeller is good as is the bag. I upgraded rather than chase down the problem.
  15. FredP

Who says you can't

Put sawstop fence rails on a unisaw? A little drilling and some cutting and shimming it works!
  16. FredP

Another chess table updated

This is a commission piece. Any idea what I should charge? Blood wood, maple, mahogany, sapele, and what I thought was cherry ( not so sure about that). Finnish will get started maybe tomorrow.
  17. FredP

Murdock lumber is selling almost all lumber

Talked to Jack this morning, He is downsizing and moving operations. His prices have always been very fair IMO. He is making even better deals to thin out the stock. The more you buy the better the pricing. I suggest giving a call for details. some is kiln dried and some is air dried. good bad...
  18. FredP

A table for a chessboard

Made the board a while back and figured it needed legs. Still have to make dividers for the pieces the wife is making. Cherry with wenge accents. Dowel construction. I'll try to get it sprayed tomorrow morning. Too hot now.
  19. FredP

another tool provider to check out

Shelter Institute - Shop interesting assortment of neanderthal tools.;)
  20. FredP

Tutorial. You asked for it.

Found some wood Cut out some strips. Outer strips 1/4" wider. Glued up. Square up with 1st and last 1/4" wider. RIP and flip. Glue and clamp. Go get breakfast. Square up 2 sides and cut to size. Add sides. Glue to substrate. This time cherry ply. Cut other 2 sides and add banding. Sand...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS