Search results

1. Graywolf

A case for my saws

fun little project!
  2. Graywolf

Walnut and White Oak box

Besides making the world a better place one kitchen at a time, I make a few other things. an all hand tool piece French polish as a finish.
  3. Graywolf

Handsaw skills workshop

I’m putting on a workshop of handsaw skills at Klingspor in Winston Salem. You can register at the store or call the store and register that way. the date is March 7th. The time 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. We will break for lunch at 12:30 and resume at 1:30. We will focus on handsaw skills for cutting...
  4. Graywolf

Hand cut dovetails with Brian

Hand cut dovetails with Brian Klingspor in Winston Salem October 19th 12-4pm Max class size 6 Cost $80.00 Payable to and at the Klingspor store when you register. You can call the store or go by to register in advance. Winston-Salem, NC Store | Klingspor's Woodworking Shop You can use the link...
  5. Graywolf

Handsaw sharpening workshop with Richard Moore (Graywolf)

I have worked it out with Eric the manager of the Klingspor store in Winston Salem to have the Handsaw Sharpening Workshop! Date: November 9 Time: 9am-4pm we will take a 30min lunch Cost: $120.00 payable to Klingspor when you sign up for the workshop. You can either call them or go by the...
  6. Graywolf

Anyone going to Charlotte anytime soon that would be willing to take a small package.

I have a small package I'm trying to get to Golden Pop in Charlotte. I'm in High Point, I'd be willing to meet somewhere if needed.
  7. Graywolf

Router Letter templates

I found this while going through some of my dads stuff. I don't think they were ever used. Vintage stuff, $35.00 OBO
  8. Graywolf

Bosch belt sander for sale

Bosch 4x24 belt sander with a few boxes of belts and a belt cleaner,also a replacement base plate. I would prefer customer pick up in the Jamestown area. $75.00 obo
  9. Graywolf

Porta cable router for sale

This is a 3/4 HP with three bases and an edge guide with 1/2", 1/4 collets. This piece has low hours of use, I would prefere customer pick up in the Jamestown area, $125.00 obo.
  10. Graywolf

Another 18th century jointer is born

I spent last weekend at the Woodwright School with Bill Anderson and his make a traditional jointer plane. I had a really good time and learned so many interesting tid bits of information that I'm still processing. When left on Sunday afternoon I had a plane that was working and only needed a...
  11. Graywolf

Compound angle dovetails!

I've been playing with this off an on for awhile now. Fun little project, I played with several different splay angles just to see the how they work and how they feel. The more you splay the more difficult the work becomes.
  12. Graywolf

calender?

I reckon we are still work on this, I got the message that I don't have permission for this?
  13. Graywolf

handsaw sharpening and handsaw skills workshops two days in a row!

this is two workshops back to back, a great opportunity to be introduced to the tools and skills to maintain your western handsaws, and spend a day sharpening a rip saw, a crosscut saw, and a backsaw. the next day we will talk about how to choose the right saw for the job and we will practice...
  14. Graywolf

woodworking with hand tools

woodworking with hand tools learn to process and board to S4S with hand planes and make a pair of winding stick in the same day. date Saturday April 13 time 9am-6pm class fee $112.00 material fee $10.00 skill level beginner age 18+ location Chestnut School of the Arts in Galax Va. to register...
  15. Graywolf

Needle cases and pill cases

So earlier today in the morning chat I was asked to post pics of this project that I brought up during conversation. I'm doing these types of turning projects to develop and improve my turning skills. It's helping a lot. The three tools used are roughing gouge, a parting tool, and a skew. I'm...
  16. Graywolf

First attemp at spoon carving

So while sitting in the rain with Mike Davis at a sale that didn't sale much. We sat and talk a lot and I started this spoon. I didn't finish it but Mike gave me some sound advice on what I was attempting. I had left it alone until this morning, what else are you going to do with a snow day...
  17. Graywolf

Decorative wall shelf

While at Stoke Stomp I brought with me the materials to start building a piece built on speculation. White pine all hand tools. I finished putting it together over a couple evenings and I put the finish on it over this weekend. The drawer fronts are a burl I found in one of the boards and...
  18. Graywolf

Another saw handle!

A few weeks back I had a request to re handle a mitersaw. I though it would be fun to document the process. I choose a piece of quarter sawn walnut. I glued on graph of the new handle, and drilled out some of the curved areas. This gave me the opportunity to use my bowsaw and cut out the...
  19. Graywolf

Handsaw skills workshop

I'd like to see if anyone is interested in a handsaw skills workshop for September 15th at Bill Clemmons shop 10am-4pm. From breaking down stock to joinery, I would like demonstrate, coach, and give participants some drills to take with them for practice. The workshop can handle six...
  20. Graywolf

Re sawing some old salvage.

So I'm digging around between my old lumber rack and my Dads and I spied an old hunk from an old barn tear down. If I remember correctly I was about 13 to 14 when this was pulled out of the burn pile. This old wall stud is still riddled with cut nails and chasing them out creates as much damage...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS