Search results

1. Michael Mathews

RECEIVED: 35mm SLR MANUAL camera for college kid

I was recently chatting with some you you wonderful NCWW people on a Sunday morning telling you about my daughter that's learning dark room techniques at college. Well, she bought what she thought was a manual camera and turns out it's just manual focus. So, anyone got a spare fully manual 35mm...
  2. Michael Mathews

Shop Stool Project Update Pics

Here's a couple pics of the Shop Stool in progress. The legs are Sapele and the rest is Wormy and Spalted Maple. All the pegs are temporary just for show and tell for the pics!
  3. Michael Mathews

Looking for a strip sander

Anyone got a strip sander they're not using? How about some spare cash in you're back pocket? I could use one if you've got one collecting dust. Send me a message! That's code for "start a conversation" if you didn't know! Thanks!
  4. Michael Mathews

A couple recent turnings...

The "Fatty" Mushroom Box is made from Bradford Pear. Approximately 6" tall and 4 ~5" diameter. The bowl is made of "found" wood! I might be Walnut as it's got the look at turned somewhat like Walnut. Approximately 3" tall and 5" diameter. Enjoy!
  5. Michael Mathews

SOLD - Delta 9" Shopmaster BS100 Bandsaw W/Blades

For sale is a Delta 9" Shopmaster Bandsaw model BS100. 1/3 HP, 120 V, 3 Amps. This Bandsaw has served me well as a second Bandsaw for about 3 years. I got the opportunity to upgrade and jumped. The blade on it is a 1/4" x 6 TPI Flex Back blade. It's still got a lot of life left and cuts well. I...
  6. Michael Mathews

Wanted: Small to Medium Size Motor w/Blower Combo for Dust Catcher

Let me explain what I'm looking for! I have dust collection and so forth, but when power carving, dust collection can be way overkill! I'm looking for a smaller motor / blower combo unit that I can easily move around can build a filter unit onto the front. Something that can be set up on the...
  7. Michael Mathews

NCWW Contest August 2019 - Post Pictures of a Home Improvement Project

For this contest post pictures of things you built for improvements to your home. A before and after pic would be nice, but not necessary!
  8. Michael Mathews

Poll: Vote for your Favorite Project with a Back Story

Vote for your Favorite Project with a Back Story. Here's the link to the entries: https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/ncww-contest-april-2019-post-pictures-of-a-project-with-the-best-back-story.67071/
  9. Michael Mathews

what oil for hand plane maintenance?

I saw in a video someone used Camellia oil to clean up hand planes after each use before putting them away, to keep them looking like new over many years of use. I'm curious to see what others use and if you recommend Camellia oil, what type? I see cold pressed, and I do see some for blades, but...
  10. Michael Mathews

Tool Cabinet is On the Wall!

So here's the proof! A couple pics of the tool cabinet hanging on the wall and ready to be loaded with tools!
  11. Michael Mathews

Combo Project - Segmented Woodturning and Pyrography

This is a Piece to be shown at AAW. The Segmented vessel was completed by Charlie and I did the Pyrography. Enjoy!
  12. Michael Mathews

What finish for hanging tool cabinet?

I'm building a hanging tool cabinet. It's BIG! First question: what finish for the outside? I was thinking an oil finish as it's going to get used and abused and an oil finish can be repaired easily. Question B: do I even bother finishing the inside? Final question: I haven't made tool...
  13. Michael Mathews

End Grain Cutting Board - Wedding Gift Project

My daughter married the love of her life on May 20th! I started this End Grain Cutting Board well over a month ago but work and life kept causing delays. So I finally put the final oil on it this morning. Here's some pics to enjoy! It's Cherry and Hard Maple. Dimensions are approximately 21" x...
  14. Michael Mathews

How do I refresh an old thread to get it back to the top of the list?

I need to refresh the April contest thread. How can I do that so people will see it again?
  15. Michael Mathews

NCWW Contest April 2019 - Post Pictures of a Project with the Best Back Story

This contest will run with a twist. If you have pictures, that's preferred. But, there must be a back story! Best back story wins this one! We'll let this one run through the end of May anyway, possibly longer. <<UPDATE JUNE 3rd>> We'll let this run through the end of June and reevaluate at...
  16. Michael Mathews

Poll: Vote for your Favorite Combined Media Project

The link to the entries is here: https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/ncww-contest-january-2019-post-pictures-of-a-combined-media-project.66355/
  17. Michael Mathews

Bandsaw Jig for Cutting Bowl Blanks

Threw together this jig to cut rounds on my Rikon 14" Bandsaw. The slide edges are cut on a 45 degree and heavily waxed for easy sliding. There is a Tee nut along with a 1/4"-20 bolt in the base that threads up to stop the slide from moving once set to the diameter desired. There is a small nail...
  18. Michael Mathews

Wall Hanging Tool Cabinet

I'm thinking about finally building a wall hanging tool cabinet. For those of you that already have one, what do you like and what do you dislike about the one you have? What would you change for the next version? I haven't decided on a style or size or even wood, I'm still figuring all that...
  19. Michael Mathews

Turned a couple spheres lately....

the large one was finished at just under 7" diameter, the small one was finished at just over 2" diameter. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN9nyiQnkcIdakAOWuwZMTvIg_MtrLFo892yUsElUxGn6pXKbReXx28TVOSDdwxTA?key=V085Q1YwV2RHQTMzbHNDdjdfNDZzQVk0SWZnM2tn
  20. Michael Mathews

NCWW Contest January 2019 - Post Pictures of a Combined Media Project

OK, so with this one you can post wood and metal, or wood and concrete, or wood and cloth, etc. One of the media must be wood....that is my only condition in this one and you are not limited to just two types of media. I'll keep this contest open till about February 8th or so. Good luck!

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS