Search results

1. Mrfixit71

RDU Lunch this Friday - Feb 21

We will be there.
  2. Mrfixit71

Wanted: Oneway Bowl Coring System

I would actually prefer a Woodcut Max 3 to the Oneway. I appreciate your offer but I'm looking for something with more capacity than the Woodcut. I have a lot of large blanks.
  3. Mrfixit71

Thought I'd give it a try.
  4. Mrfixit71

I have a Powermatic 3520B and am looking for a Oneway Easy Core System that is no longer needed by a turner.
  5. Mrfixit71

Help Needed

Our condolences. Like others, we are here to help if needed.
  6. Mrfixit71

RDU Lunch this Friday - Jan 17

Marnie and I will be there.
  7. Mrfixit71

Looking for Ebony

Thanks. I'll pass it along.
  8. Mrfixit71

Looking for Ebony

It's a commissioned project, a boken for a very high ranking martial arts person, and ebony was specifically requested. It's the first time my son has been asked to do anything with ebony, usually he uses white oak, purpleheart, and he's done one or two with Brazilian cherry. I will pass on...
  9. Mrfixit71

Looking for Ebony

Klingspors in Cary had some 5" wide ebony but it was too short (42-44"), and I didn't ask where it was from. It was $110/bf if I remember correctly.
  10. Mrfixit71

Looking for Ebony

Thanks. Will check it out.
  11. Mrfixit71

Looking for Ebony

Yes, it's a commissioned project, a boken for a very high ranking martial arts person.
  12. Mrfixit71

Looking for Ebony

Thanks for the suggestion. They currently only have small sizes.
  13. Mrfixit71

Looking for Ebony

Thanks for the suggestion. They didn't have any that met the size requirements.
  14. Mrfixit71

Looking for Ebony

They don't have anything that long.
  15. Mrfixit71

Looking for Ebony

My son is looking for 1 piece of ebony 5/4 x 5" x 50". He tried The Hardwood Store and a place in Raleigh (not sure which one) with no luck. Anyone have a piece like this or know who might have one?
  16. Mrfixit71

Lovingly Remembered

Phil, we are so sorry to hear about your Joan. She will forever be in our hearts. Peace be with you and your family. Please reach out if there is anything we can do.
  17. Mrfixit71

Staved cup

Very interesting. Glad you posted it.
  18. Mrfixit71

Merry Christmas NCWoodworker.net Group!

A belated Merry Christmas to all. Thank you, Coleman and all the Klingspor staff, for all you do for NCWW.
  19. Mrfixit71

Help with air drying holly

I was given a holly stump about 4 years ago or so. Painted the ends and put it out on the woodpile for a couple years. When I went to turn it to make a bowl, the wood cracked and split as fast as I turned it. I salvaged one bowl by stopping and applying CA glue to the cracks as soon as they...
  20. Mrfixit71

RDU Christmas Lunch this Friday - Dec 20

Marnie and I will be there.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS