Search results

1. mark2

Bandsaw Problems

twisted upper arm or slide bracket?
  2. mark2

Laguna Cylcone not separating...

I would restrict opening at tool for first trial, air volume could also be overwhelming cyclones capacity
  3. mark2

Laguna Cylcone not separating...

Developed this problem on change to 6" duct - it looks a bit like you have more air volume going in than the filter is capable of exhausting - possibly clean filter or try restricting duct at planer to 4" and see what happens
  4. mark2

Best mobile base?

Consider a small Pallet Jack if you have 3" clearance under equipment - tough over threshold though unless you can fashion some sort of ramp.
  5. mark2

Cutting Board Help

I'm thinking any engraving on a cutting surface would destroy it for that purpose - you might get away with smallish patterns in the corners
  6. mark2

Disaster: Black spots on White Oak project

method 3 describes how to make drinking water(by allowing sediments to settle) from rain water - not distilled water, which would be the condensate of steam if I recall correctly
  7. mark2

Wood ID...Probably Oak

Ash?
  8. mark2

Need a cure for slick wooden stairs....

try wiping them down w/ water, MS or alcohol - might have wax or some sort of polish that makes them slick. I have clear finished oak stair treads and no real trouble with slipping -never do more than clean w/ water
  9. mark2

Why do powered hand tool manufacturer's

on most of my usage of portables, the 5'-6' cord is useless without an extension cord - maybe the better idea would be to reduce included cords to nothing more than a pigtail or?
  10. mark2

Stained cutting board

change the name of the characteristic from stain to PATINA and everyone will understand the artisanal value.....:gar-Bi
  11. mark2

Strange Issue with SCMS

"The boards were securely against the fence. They were locked down on the feed side. The outfeed side as not clamped." How was the board supported on the unclamped end? looking at the burn marks makes it look as if it was dropping a bit to bind on the blade (clean at start of cut and looks to...
  12. mark2

Norm!

I have a biscuit joiner and a brad nailer because of Norm - maybe not for the purist but biscuits are a great way to align a bunch of boards when making a table top - the brad nailer sure helps when making a set of cabinets for the Garage - I owe a bit of gratitude to Roy for showing me more of...
  13. mark2

Have you heard of this bench?

anyone have a box of halftone dots?
  14. mark2

OH NO!!! Not More Cabinet Work!!

Whaaaat??? - you don't get to install it too??????????
  15. Live edge cherry bench

Live edge cherry bench

16. Sapele Memory Box

Sapele Memory Box

17. Spoons and scooops

Spoons and scooops

18. mark2

Looking for a new job!

Good luck in your search - hopefully you don't trade travel for a long distance relocation
  19. mark2

Cradle for mygrandchild to come

Great looking cradle - for your grandchildren and their children and on and on...... Heirloom !!!
  20. mark2

What about tempered hardboard for shop floors

my first thought would be what happen if it gets wet - will it swell like MDF?

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS