Search results

1. Ed Fasano

SOLD - PORTER CABLE 7301 HD ¼” COLLET PALM/TRIM ROUTER

SOLD PORTER CABLE 7301 HD ¼” COLLET PALM/TRIM ROUTER $35.00 Condition is used. Excellent working order. Includes original collet wrench and instructions (instructions not pictured).
  2. Ed Fasano

For Sale - Forrest Woodworker II, 10-inch, 40-tooth, 1/8” Kerf Table Saw Blade

Forrest Woodworker II, 10-inch, 40-tooth, 1/8” kerf table saw blade. $55.00 I find myself using a combination blade less often, so this blade is for sale. Condition is used. No teeth are damaged. Sharpened only once by Forrest, so the majority of carbide life remains and it is quite usably...
  3. Ed Fasano

SOLD - NEW TEKNATOOL NOVA SUPERNOVA2 WOOD LATHE CHUCK – INSERT TYPE # 23055

SOLD - NEW TEKNATOOL NOVA SUPERNOVA2 WOOD LATHE CHUCK – INSERT TYPE # 23055 $109.00 New—Never used. Factory packaging. Box shows signs of opening and closing, but all originally included and unused components are present. Consists of: SuperNOVA Chuck body complete with slides. Threaded to take...
  4. Ed Fasano

SOLD - For Sale - 4-Inch Tool Rest for Wood Lathe

SOLD- 4-Inch Tool Rest for Wood Lathe $28.00 Sturdy 4-Inch wood lathe tool rest with 1-inch diameter post. Steel construction with hardened steel rod welded to top of rest. Rod is smooth and free of any impeding dings. Post is smooth and free of burrs. Good height for 10-12 inch lathes. Overall...
  5. Ed Fasano

Air Compressor - Facebook Marketplace

Just FYI If you are looking for an excellent air compressor, this is a great find. I bought this exact machine last year and am very happy with it. Very quiet (compared with typical compressors). Good small shop capacity and small vertical footprint. At $165, it’s a very good value. Happy new...
  6. Ed Fasano

24-Inch Lathe Tool Rest

24-Inch Lathe Tool Rest $55.00 This is a 24-Inch steel tool rest with two 1-Inch posts 12 inches apart (on center). The tool is unbranded, but stickered “Made in Canada”. If memory serves, I bought this from Lee Valley Tools. I can ship it at buyer’s expense, but the cost is likely prohibitive...
  7. Ed Fasano

Poor Man's Hoist

I don’t know how much a Jet 1840EVS lathe headstock weighs, but it’s clearly more than my senior body could dead lift onto the lathe bed. After considering that most of my friends are my age with varying knee and shoulder issues and some head-scratching, I came up with what I hoped was a...
  8. Ed Fasano

North Carolina Furniture School

Just an FYI and a shout-out to/for Stuart Kent at The North Carolina Furniture School in Farmville, NC. I attended his 2-day Hollow Form Woodturning Level 1 Masterclass on November 21 and 22. The class was exactly what I needed to move on to hollow vessel turning. Stuart is a highly skilled...
  9. Ed Fasano

Jet JWL1236 Lathe For Sale

Visit the Marketplace Forum https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/jet-jwl-1236-lathe-for-sale.68254/
  10. Ed Fasano

Spring Shop Cleaning – For Sale

Spring Shop Cleaning – For Sale Perhaps you can finish what I started. Maybe you can use these new parts to achieve a different and superior outcome. A (new) Lee Valley sealed ball bearing double-ended mandrel and a (new) ¼ hp 1,720 rpm Delta (8” drill press) motor are at the heart of my...
  11. Ed Fasano

HELP - Raffle Tickets

Help Despite my best and repeated efforts, I cannot complete an order for raffle tickets. The card is good elsewhere, so... Ed Fasano
  12. Ed Fasano

SOLD - Spring Shop Cleaning – Honing Contraption For Sale

Spring Shop Cleaning – For Sale Perhaps you can finish what I started. Maybe you can use these new parts to achieve a different and superior outcome. A (new) Lee Valley sealed ball bearing double-ended mandrel and a (new) ¼ hp 1,720 rpm Delta (8” drill press) motor are at the heart of my...
  13. Ed Fasano

Veritas Prices!

I was shocked today to see what folks were bidding for Veritas low angle block planes on eBay. I was shocked until I double-checked the Lee Valley prices. It looks like there have been two price jumps in the last few months! The latest change (in the past few days) took the DX60 (with a PMV-11...
  14. Ed Fasano

Small(ish) Compressors

FYI for those interested in a small(ish) shop compressor… I wanted to replace my aging Devilbiss pancake compressor. My space is limited, so that narrowed my search. I did quite a bit of searching and researching. For whatever it’s worth, my conclusions included these ramblings… The nearly...
  15. Ed Fasano

Freud SD508 Dado Set Accuracy

I am using an undamaged and sharp Freud SD508 dado set (on a 3HP General 350 cabinet saw). I use it now and again for 1/2" box joints in ¾’ stock and for off-sized plywood. It has worked fine in those applications. The other day, for the first time, I needed to plough for some T-track...
  16. Ed Fasano

Fuji Spray HVLP Systems - Revisited

I am late to what is now a closed thread on Fuji Spray system questions started by Chris C. Unless it breaks protocol, I am reviving the topic here. I opted for the Fuji Mini-Mite 3 about 3 years ago. I wanted to try HVLP on a Hoosier-style cabinet I built for my daughter. There are some images...
  17. Ed Fasano

General T350 Table Saw Help

Any General 3HP T350 (made-in-Canada, circa 1994) table saw experts out there? I'd like to connect with someone well-versed in the inner-workings of this particular machine. Specifically, I have questions about (1) re-aligning (locating) the fore and aft trunion cradles to their factory...
  18. Ed Fasano

Bandsaw Blade Ignorance

OMG! I’ve never broken a bandsaw blade and have been using an assortment of Timberwolf blades on my French-made Kity 613 for who knows how many years. Something prompted me to take a closer look at the teeth with a 10xloupe. It seems that I’ve been rubbing wood apart. Granted, I don’t re-saw...
  19. Ed Fasano

Bowl Gouge Grinding Help

I have a sense that I know what I’m doing wrong, but I’d be most grateful for some experienced guidance. My efforts to put a 50-degree bevel on a new bowl gouge have yielded what I’ll call a scalloped sweep, wherein the bevel is something other than uniform at the leading edge. It almost as if...
  20. Ed Fasano

Fine Woodworking and Fine Homebuilding

The Habitat For Humanity ReStore in Kernersville where I volunteer has approx. 145 (or more) Fine Woodworking and Fine Homebuilding Magazines. They are 25¢ each or they would take $30.00 (perhaps less) for all of them. For a bundle price, ask for Beth.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS