Search results

1. Drew

Screwing and Gluing Joints

Clearly this is a reason (excuse) to buy more clamps!
  2. Drew

Clamps on FB Marketplace

I also don’t see the issue. The seller makes some money (and certainly puts in some effort) and willing buyers get clamps at a reasonable price. How exactly is anyone harmed?
  3. Drew

5/4 Cedar

Mike, Most of the rough cut wood or wood intended for woodworking i’ve encountered is true to size, so a 5/4 board is really 1.25 inches thick. Construction grade lumber and most everything sold at the borgs is measured as you described. That’s one of many reasons woodworkers seem to...
  4. Drew

Propane for hot water and a fireplace insert

We have a 500 gallon in ground propane tank that heats the house, powers the range, and feeds the Rianni tankless water heater. If you decide not to own your own tank, price and service are huge. We started with Amerigas and they were very difficult to deal with and expensive. We switched...
  5. Drew

Spicing It Up

Function over form. I see that it’s called “desk mic stand” but i’m still unsure how you’ll use this.
  6. Drew

How Wide The Board

Anna White’s “woodworking” projects can be completed in a weekend and don’t require thousands of dollars worth of expensive tools. I once worked with a guy who spent $5,000 on machines before he built his first project but I think most people aren’t like that. Clearly, most members here have...
  7. Drew

I've never had any training in wood work.

I’m a woodworker under 40. I have two kids, 5 & 3, and a third on the way. I have a full time job and am a part time PhD student. I haven’t meaningfully used my shop since Christmas. Lately, I barely have time to mow my yard. This site is basically my only connection to the hobby.
  8. Drew

Very Quick NEW Contest

May 1st
  9. Drew

Portamate storage racks $19.98 clearance

They had the same or a similar deal this time last year. I’m betting they’ll run it next Jan. too.
  10. Drew

DeWalt Service Center BEWARE!

I am just curious and am not implying anything by this question. Did you save the original warranty contract from 1979 for all these years?
  11. Drew

Estate Sale in Hillsborough This Weekend - Aug 26-27

An eight inch jointer for $250! A Delta Cabinet saw for $450! Somebody go buy that stuff!
  12. Drew

Guitar #2...Cedar

This thread is one of the best this year! I'm excited to see the finished product. Please keep the posts coming.
  13. Drew

Our Eastern NC Members?

Our online estimate for when the power will be back on (Wake County, near Ten Ten Road and 401) is down from the 16th to the 13th. The sooner the better!
  14. Drew

[DEAD] - Delta Midi Lathe $360 NEW at Amazon

Re: Delta Midi Lathe $400 NEW at Amazon Now $364.85!
  15. Drew

Traditional/historic furniture vs. modern/post modern/abstract...

Re: an answer, but not to the question you asked... I'll take a stab at your original question. I like more modern designs and apparently the Danish modern type antiques are sought after right now. My suggestion would be to think about how young people live today if you want to sell them...
  16. Drew

Tired of big box store junk Lumber

I started with less expensive rough cut lumber. Rough cut red and white oak, poplar, or even maple won't set you back that much. You can do a ton with a six inch jointer.
  17. Drew

Why Is It?

Lead?
  18. Drew

Lowes will match Amazon

I tried two hour delivery. It took longer than two hours. The delivery driver blamed traffic. I wouldn't count on the delivery window at peak times.
  19. Drew

HTC Portamate PBR-001 Wood Storage Rack at Lowe's $19.99

For me, the price depended on what store I chose. Lowes of Apex got it to $19.99. Free shipping kicks in @$49.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS