Search results

1. Stuart Kent

Table for Raleigh Mayor's Office

I delivered a table to the office of the Raleigh Mayor, Nancy McFarlane on Thursday. It is was made from a post oak tree planted in 1856 at the Dorothea Dix Mental Hospital, which was the year the hospital opened. As many of you are aware, the hospital was closed in 2005. The entire 365 acre...
  2. Stuart Kent

FREE SPIRAL DUCT PIPE

I have a bunch of spiral duct pipe including elbows and wyes from my old shop that I would like to give to somebody who can use it. It ranges in size from 8" down to 4" and needs to go. PM if you're interested.
  3. Stuart Kent

NCFS Woodturners Club Meeting

we have a woodturning club scheduled for Saturday Sept. 7 at the DeVisconti Arts Center in Farmville, and invite any/all that would like to come. We are hoping the hurricane wimps out and we plan to go forward. However, If anyone finds themselves or their families in need please let us know...
  4. Stuart Kent

North Carolina Furniture School update

Hello all, The new facility is coming along and will open in the next couple of weeks. There is still much to do beyond the initial opening, so we will not have an official 'Grand Opening' until later. Several of you have inquired about volunteering to help us with things, and we are finally...
  5. Stuart Kent

NCFS Woodturners Club Meeting rescheduled-please note!

the NCFS Woodturners Club meeting has been rescheduled for Sunday, July 7, 2:00pm the North Carolina Furniture School 3749 W Wilson St. Farmville, NC 27828 come see our progress on the new building and sign up to volunteer with us in the Easy Wood Tools booth to hang out with my friend (YouTube...
  6. Stuart Kent

48" Exhaust Fan Needed ASAP!

we are looking for a 48" commercial exhaust fan to fit into an existing cut out inside the Furniture School. Thought I might send this out to the group and see if anyone has one they might donate or sell for a decent price. They are expensive new but lots of commercial buildings, farms, etc...
  7. Stuart Kent

Permanent home, new tools, & new classes for the North Carolina Furniture School!

Good Morning All, Mike Davis asked me to share this big news with you, (and I just invited him to come teach a class for us, so let's make that happen - who's interested?). Also several folks here on the forum have asked what the school is and how it came to be, so here is the story and the big...
  8. Stuart Kent

NCFS Woodturners Club Meeting

Hello All, We would like to welcome turners to visit our growing woodturning club in Eastern NC. We meet on the first Saturday of each month from 10 - 12. This month we have an exciting special announcement and some big things to discuss ahead of the upcoming American Association of Woodturners...
  9. Stuart Kent

how do you store your chuck jaw sets?

I am searching for a new solution for storing multiple sets of chuck jaws to keep them organized and easy to access. I'm hoping somebody here has a clever solution to share - if you do please share photos. thanks
  10. Stuart Kent

what are your favorite non-stationary tool advancements?

I am curious about how/which innovative new generation tools have become a game changer for you. How do they make you more efficient or improve your craftsmanship? I am looking specifically for feedback on tools like the domino, track saws, Vac Sys, joinery systems, or a great shooting plane...
  11. Stuart Kent

curious about helical head conversion on Powermatic 221

does anyone have experience converting a Powermatic 221 from a straight knife cutterhead to a helical head? I am considering it and would like to know how long it took you, were there unforseen costs, how difficult was it to align, etc??? thanks!
  12. Stuart Kent

shop doors

here is the next pair of doors in process, this pair is for the shop entry. They are mahogany veneered over Spanish cedar stave cores, 8' tall x 2 1/4" thick
  13. Stuart Kent

Hand Tool Class

I wanted to remind everyone that we have a hand tool class coming up with guest instructor Jim McConnell of Popular Woodworking and Mortise & Tenon Magazine. We still have a few seats available if anyone is interested. I am excited about this class and expect to learn a lot! If anyone is...
  14. Stuart Kent

door update

here are a few shots from the big finishing and glue up session last week. i pre-finished the panels then finished the completed door after glue up.
  15. Stuart Kent

powermatic 221

Does anyone have a belt driven Powermatic 221? I need some photos of the switch wiring. The coil blew a while back and I am trying to install a new starter to bring it back online. The new starter I have is the same size and rating but the connections are slightly different. I need to see which...
  16. Stuart Kent

stave core doors

I have been working on a door project for a friend and client in Asheville for the last few months. This spring has been unusually busy for me (which is great - but tough) so this project has dragged out longer than I wanted. The good news is that I am finally in the 'short rows' and set to...
  17. Stuart Kent

new bowls

I am working on a challenging new bowl project using post oak. The material was supplied and I was asked to use all of it with the absolute least possible waste. Here are a few images of the finished sample bowl and some process shots. Some of this material is in really poor condition - but...
  18. Stuart Kent

Hosting Jim McConnell of Popular Woodworking & Mortise & Tenon for a hand tools class at NCFS

Hello all, I am excited to host my friend Jim McConnell for a Hand Tool Woodworking class at the North Carolina Furniture School. Jim writes and edits for both Popular Woodworking and Mortise & Tenon. He is an accomplished hand tool woodworker and makes stunning furniture. I will be co-teaching...
  19. Stuart Kent

NCFS Woodturning Club Meeting today

just a reminder to anyone wanting to get together with other turners, talk turning, and maybe learn some things - join us today: 10:00 - 12:00 the North Carolina Furniture School 503 Second St Ayden, NC 28513
  20. Stuart Kent

NCFS Woodturning Club Meeting This Saturday

Hello All, we are having a NCFS Woodturning Club Meeting this Saturday, February 3, from 10 - 12 am. Open to any that want to attend, hope to see some of you there! the North Carolina Furniture Shool 503 Second St. Ayden, NC 28513 call me if you have questions at 252.916.8226

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS