Search results

1. G

Green Wood Finishing

I have a question that has been with me for years: When you take a green turned bowl that has been dried and you are going to remount it on the lathe to finish turning. You mount the bowl on a center on the head stock, (using some method,)and on the center of the tail stock. This way you can...
  2. G

Green Bowls

I have a question for for you that turn green bowls. I have turned some walnut bowls and put them into a plastic tub in the shaving to dry. The pros say that that is a good way to let the bowls dry. My question is do I leave the lid on the container (air tight), or remove the lid and let the...
  3. G

Some new Turnings

I hope this works. This is my first try to put pics in a thread. As everyone says the photos quality sucks Gary:gar-Bi
  4. G

Ci1 Tool

I received my new Ci1 yesterday, Toiday I chucked up a log that I had laying around....I couldn't believe how the tool cuts. It cuts just like the video that they have on their site, great. If you don't have one and are going to do a lot of turning, You might want to consider this tool...
  5. G

Turnings

:gar-BiBeing a Newbie, (less than a week) some folks asked to see some of my work. So I posted 5 pics in my gallery, (ghayes02). The photos aren't to good , but I hope you can see the work. I will get some better photo in the future....Let me know what you think. good or bad:rotflm:
  6. G

New member from TN

Hi, I am Gary Hayes, and love to do all kinds of woodworking. I am from Californis and moved to the Nashville area about 7 yrs ago. I and my wife both retired from IBM in San Jose. I have been working with wood for at least 40 yrs. I have a pretty complete workshop at this time. But alot...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS