Search results

1. M

Shop Build

Electrical is complete. Just waiting for conditional power inspection then Duke is on the way. Got the windows and door in and lights and fans are installed. Working on the siding the I get my CO. Almost there.
  2. M

New shop, question about venting dust collection outside

I did just that in my old shop. Attached the motor to the outside wall and buried a pipe to the woods. Worked great. I plan on doing the same in my new building.
  3. M

Shop Build

I do not as of yet have a circuit for heat or smoke. I plan on using a wireless system for heat and smoke and security, or I might run a cat 5 cable to the shop to take acre of all the computer stuff. I never priced a metal building. I used subs that built my house, and worked with them on the...
  4. M

Shop Build

Those are the drilling bits that I used to do the holes. Just make sure that you have a good death grip on the drill. Actually I did run two feeds under the floor for the table saw and Jointer/planer that are located in the middle area of the shop. One wall will have a miter station and another...
  5. M

Shop Build

That would be me. Used a right angle hole hawg. Made the job much easier. Still beat me up for a couple of days.
  6. M

Shop Build

Latest update. Ready for the rough in inspection. My electrician is doing the box hook up and the meter drop. Hope to have power soon. Lights and ceiling fan mounts are all done along with exhaust fan. Prepping to do the windows and doors. Trim and siding last, then move in all my stuff and get...
  7. M

Triad SHOP CRAWL - August 17th 2019

Depending on the date, I am in.
  8. M

Shop Build

The building is 24x48
  9. M

Shop Build

It has taken a long time to get this project off the ground but here is goes. Had all the plans drawn up and approved by Chatham County by Jan 1. Had to wait out the monsoon season, and finally got the foundation done in mid April. This is where I am at as of today. Starting the electrical...
  10. M

Plans needed

I am looking to build Norms miter bench and storage unit in my new workshop. Was wondering if anybody has an extra set of plans hanging around that they don't need anymore. Thanks...MK
  11. M

Shop build advice

Yes the plans had to be certified by and engineer. Hurricane strength and all that stuff. The town of Pittsboro requires it.
  12. M

Shop build advice

Actually I am building a 24x48 shop at the moment. It is going to be a barn built on piers and stick framed. Alot of planning has gone into this. Just to get off the ground, it had to be designed and drawn up by an architect, plans approved by an engineering firm. They plans had to be submitted...
  13. M

Segmented Turning Workshop

I would like to attend.
  14. M

Trestle table- complete

What type of stain did you use. Thanks…MK
  15. M

Desk finally done

The wood is Sapele. The finish is basic beeswax dissolved in turpentine and blo added.
  16. M

Desk finally done

This took a while. My daughter is pleased.
  17. Desk

Desk

18. Desk

Desk

19. Desk

Desk

20. M

Want to send dust outside the shop

Tim, I did the same thing that Charlie did and discharge my dust in the woods behind my shop. I also have the motor mounted outside my shop and the noise factor is almost nothing. If you want to see my setup feel free to stop on by. I live in Chapel Hill. MK

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS