Search results

1. Joe Scharle

New Bern Mid-Summer Lunch Bunch

I'm in... barring the usual medical emergencies!
  2. Joe Scharle

Hot Deals from Northern Tool, IMHO

I've pushed thousands of yards of concrete in wheelbarrows in an earlier lifetime. And I've watched people push thousands of yards of concrete in wheelbarrows in my lifetime.
  3. Joe Scharle

Removing Peel & Stick Floor Tile Residue

I had a similar situation on slab. I used a few bags of leveling compound.
  4. Joe Scharle

Miter saw - fix or replace?

Some of you know that I'm in the process of flood recovery. And one of the projects is TRIM!. My 20+ y/o Rigid heard about the trim project and decided NOT to participate, so off to Lowe's looking for a volunteer. There was a Hitachi 12' SCMS closeout ($749 - $349) looking for something to do...
  5. Joe Scharle

Link belts... vibration reduction?

Link belts are noticeably smoother than a V belt.
  6. Joe Scharle

New Bern first Summer Lunch Bunch

See you there...
  7. Joe Scharle

Plywood edge finishing

I usually paint plywood.
  8. Joe Scharle

AmazonSmile

Just a reminder to those that may be unaware of the Smile program. Here are some current stats...It does add up! This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, North Carolina Woodworker Inc, recently received a quarterly donation of $79.17 thanks to customers shopping...
  9. Joe Scharle

Picking A New Riding Mower

Wait..if that's true...it means...On no, it's too soon to retire either of us!
  10. Joe Scharle

Picking A New Riding Mower

I have a 1957 Manco with a one cylinder 8hp Briggs spinning 2 18" blades. Got it when I was a kid because our 3ac yard was taking too long with a push mower. Mower wasn't for my benefit, it was to get me back on a tractor quicker! Carb has been rebuilt a few times, blade replaced a few times...
  11. Joe Scharle

Tapered sliding dovetails

When I used to build furniture that I hoped to be treasured and passed on, I used this technique on the web frames. My grandfather did this and I suppose it was because of the quality of the glues of the day. The side panels have mating dados.
  12. Joe Scharle

Tapered sliding dovetails

Long sliding DTs aren't difficult if you use a jig like this with a router.
  13. Joe Scharle

Mini Mill or Alternative Method

I have one of the 'original' Woodrats and it may answer your needs if you can find one at a price you can justify. Here's some vids https://www.bing.com/search?pc=COS2&ptag=D082318-N0610A6AA2274B27&conlogo=CT3335819&q=woodrat+video&form=CONORG
  14. Joe Scharle

NCWW Booth at the AAW Symposium

Looks like a well chosen crew!
  15. Joe Scharle

Push sticks for the shop

Well.....I was going to show some of my easy-peasy 2 X 4 push blocks, but most of my pics are GONE! So here's the picture...take any scrap 2 X 4, 4"-12" long, glue scrap carpet pad on bottom and some kind of handle on top. Your hand pressure keeps the workpiece against both the fence and table...
  16. Joe Scharle

Day 50 of the Raffle

Now it won't let me change the count to purchase. Will let me buy one.
  17. Joe Scharle

Day 50 of the Raffle

No, clicked on the tickets, got to the number desired page and wouldn't let me do anything else...
  18. Joe Scharle

Day 50 of the Raffle

Doesn't seem to be working!
  19. Joe Scharle

Cabinet pulls drilling guide

Well, I was impressed with an $18 jig that can be set and reset in 60 seconds and can be used for knobs as well as practically any pull on the market. But that's just me; I get excited when cheap is good!
  20. Joe Scharle

Completed Projects

Nice work

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS