Search results

1. S

Want to buy a Large Jointer

thanks - watched a couple videos - makes sense - saved me from making a basic mistake.
  2. S

Want to buy a Large Jointer

somebody humour a rookie woodworker. What is the difference in function between a jointer with 16" blades and a planer with the same dimensions?
  3. S

WTB: planer (and maybe jointer)

I would be interested in looking. Pls send basic data so I know what you have. Appreciate the responses
  4. S

WTB: planer (and maybe jointer)

Slowly transitioning to more wood working less carpentry/auto mechanics/other hobbies. Immediate project needs planer and maybe jointer. Willing to spend some money but not sure how much I will use over time so needs to be reasonable or I will get an earful - plus as I am 60+ and never owned...
  5. S

Battery Powered Chain Saws

If you are going electric cordless has some distinct advantages - with all the snow and power down a corded model could be frustrating
  6. S

Battery Powered Chain Saws

I use a Lowes brand - Greenworks electric chain saw - also their hedge trimmer, weedwacker, blower and pole chain saw. All are brushless with battery life 30+ minutes - with swapping batteries I wear out before the set of batteries do. Would buy again.
  7. S

Who's interested in a sharpening workshop?

I would be interested if someone does at least in the center of NC - long drive from Asheville to east of 95
  8. S

Handsaw skills workshop

thoroughly enjoyed the day - looking forward to the next session
  9. S

Handsaw skills workshop

I am a go for revised date
  10. S

Handsaw skills workshop

I need to shift to possible - depending on next day or so will see. Leaving my better half may not ne the best plan. If storm stays further south .......I will be a go
  11. S

Handsaw skills workshop

With Florence inbound assume call to proceed/postpone will be made at least by Friday?
  12. S

New guy from WNC

John - I am new to woodworking so can't offer much other than strong back and weak mind but close by. Welcome
  13. S

Festool Domino

cheap alternative https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epPHaxDCv48
  14. S

Handsaw skills workshop

details (specific as reasonable) on the "tool list" would be appreciated - new to "woodworking" (have been a "carpenter" living in/maintaining 100+ yr old homes). Barn burned last summer taking all 40+ yrs of tools with it so I am starting over acquiring tools
  15. S

Handsaw skills workshop

I would like to attend
  16. S

Baseline Skills Workshop signup - Raleigh - July 28

I would love to attend if any slots open up - Steve
  17. S

how to post classified ad - want to buy

I am looking for a table saw - how do I post an advert to see if anyone has one for sale?

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS