Search results

1. M

Post what you're building..

Very interesting idea. Thanks for sharing.
  2. M

Chair Repair Needed

They would be better off to have Danmart77 make one for them.
  3. M

Bed Post Design Question

My test showed 1/2 inch to be about right. Thanks!
  4. M

Bed Post Design Question

Thanks for the help. I'm first going to redraw with smaller spacing between the elements, then just see how thick a dowel has to be before I can't break it. That should tell me the minimum from a function standpoint. I'll tackle the "form" from there. I want to keep classical proportions...
  5. M

Bed Post Design Question

I'm designing some Colonial style cannon ball bedposts which will be turned out of cherry. Is there any guideline on how small a diameter should be left between turned elements above the bed rail level? I'm using 1 inch below the rail as a minimum, but above the rail with an urn, bell, and...
  6. M

WIP: Mid Century Modern Cabinet

Very nice looking cabinet! I like the way you mitered the legs from a design standpoint.
  7. M

So they are called PAPR

I have the 3 M PAPR and it works great. Yes it is expensive, but a trip to the doctor for serious asthma attack clearly showed I needed one. I had been using the Eclipse mask. Got mine from EnviroSafety.
  8. M

Resaw and milling services in WNC?

I've used Tidewater. They are OK, but not anywhere as good as the Hardwood Store in Gibson. Have a limited selection of product and are relatively expensive for less than 100 BF.
  9. M

Vectric Newsletter

Pretty amazing stuff.
  10. M

New Wood Lathe

Glad you got the new set up, and I can't wait to see what you try next with it.
  11. M

END TABLES

Wow. This is intricate! Great work.
  12. M

Wood choice for farm house trestle table

I have used ask for a similar build and found it quite satisfactory.
  13. M

Up for a friend

I like that. Thanks for showing it!
  14. M

A Few test bowls

very nice
  15. M

Fritz and Frans Jig

I used maple for mine and it works just fine. I'm sure the Ipe will work as well. Just make it as tight as you can in the T slot.
  16. M

Young wood turner looking for scrap wood to turn! HELP

Packard Woodworks is a great on line store for turning tools. they have great services as well.
  17. M

Babies on the way

I think it looks great.
  18. M

The Hardwood Store of NC Status

My experience with THS has been quite good. While it was an easy trip when I lived in Durham, it is not so easy from Anderson, SC. HOWEVER, I have tried sourcing closer to my home, and found that sometimes it is still worth the long drive to THS from a quality standpoint. The drive negates...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS