Search results

1. R

DW788 Rebuild

OK - after watching both videos with better audio - they sound the same to me Rick
  2. R

DW788 Rebuild

Hank - I did the check you recommended -the connecting rod to motor shaft seems like a very good fit - no detectable movement. Charlie that bearing look good too - I had previously disassembled and lubed all the bearings. That connection was pivoting very well. I disassembled the entire drive...
  3. R

DW788 Rebuild

Hank - the nut (that is on the motor shaft) is tight! I am putting side load on the connecting link to eliminate the noise but youb are correct in that I'm not sure why yet. My gut sys it is side play in the smaller bearing on the right. Rick
  4. R

DW788 Rebuild

I"m not 100% convinced that it is a bearing problem yet. I plan to disassemble and check further Rick
  5. R

DW788 Rebuild

After doing some internet researching and reviewing a document sent to me by a fellow member - It seems the most predominant cause of noise is in the tension adjustment. More specifically banging of the tension adjustment arm against the top cover for the bellows. Some pictures - first is the...
  6. R

DW788 Rebuild

I decided to put it all back together and start fresh, Below isa video of the noise Rick
  7. R

Woodworking Clubs

Thanks Jim - that worked!!
  8. R

Woodworking Clubs

Not working for me Richard - Probbly something I am doing wrong
  9. R

Woodworking Clubs

Thanks Richard - I'll give that a try
  10. R

Woodworking Clubs

Hey folks - I'm wondering if there are any woodworking and/or wood turning clubs nbear me, I live in Winstion Salem but am not opposed to driving abit Thabks Rick
  11. R

DW788 Rebuild

Thanks Charlie - that makes sense to me. If it wasn't attached I'm not sure what would keep the bellows from sliding off the arm and not compressing Rick
  12. R

DW788 Rebuild

OK - my current approach is to start over so I have a couple of questions. 1. In watching the Bob Brokaw 2019 update video they show the bellows not attached to the button on the rocker arm. On my machine the rocker arm button was inserted into the narrow end of the bellows. I'm not sure...
  13. R

Good deed just waiting for a few volunteers

I'm planning on going - assuming things work out Rick
  14. R

2021 Raffle Winners

Yahoo - first time I ever won anything in a raffle!! Rick
  15. R

DW788 Rebuild

No I haven't thrown the saw into the trash :) I correction to the discrpncies noted above - #4 - upon closer examination item #61 is described as the circjuit board and potentiometer. So I'v adjusted the tension rod quite a few times - mainly becaue I had it out of whack pretty far. I...
  16. R

DW788 Rebuild

Well my plan was to disassemble per the Bob Brokaw videos. I ended up doing that and pulling all of the linkages apart to inspect each bearing and sleeve. Based on the criteria in the video I didn't see any signs of wear. I also didn't see a lot of lubrication. I cleaned, greased and...
  17. R

DW788 Rebuild

Charley lent got back to me and provided a lot of good advice. He didn't have his bearing list handy but I was able to find the information on other forums - mainly scroll saw workshop. I am using the Bob Brokaw videos (1st one linked above) - there are at least 6 available. You can easily...
  18. R

DW788 Rebuild

Got it - I did mean to include a link to the video - this is the first part - the others will appear as you watch this one Rick
  19. R

DW788 Rebuild

Hank - the videos I watched were made by Bob Brokaw and sponsored by the Gwinnett Woodworkers Association. I don't see where Bruce recommedned a video? I will check with Charles about bearing/sleeve list and sources. IO have seen some posts by him on other scrolling sites - if I don't hear...
  20. R

DW788 Rebuild

Thanks Scott - I will send Charles a message. I suspect I am not going to find a bearing/sleeve source that has acceptable (to me) pricing. My current approach is to evaluate each of the bearings and sleeves individually and replace as necessary. Hopefully Charles can give some guidance on...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS