Search results

1. bobby g

Red Oak and Soft Maple for Sale

All lumber has been stored in my indoor lumber room. Located bin Pittsboro. Quantity discounts available. Red Oak, 5/4 X 11" X 9'. Bark on one edge. $24 cash only please. Soft Maple said to be from the farm where the movie "The Color Purple" was filmed. Wide, thick boards with unusual...
  2. bobby g

Hardwood Lumber For Sale

All of this has been stored in my lumber storage room for many years. Time to share some. Located in Pittsboro. Mahogany - 6/4 X 16" X 9'. One knot within 8" of one end. $140. Cash only please. See photo below. Red Oak - S2S 7/8" X 8" X 12'. Two available. $20 each. Cash only please. See...
  3. bobby g

Free Lumber Rack Supports

I had these left over. Free. Located in Pittsboro.
  4. bobby g

Lathe bench/cabinet design ideas

I bought a Rikon 70-220VSR today from a member. Now I need to build something to put it on. I'm thinking of a heavy duty cabinet with a solid wood top and storage below. This is the beginning of my woodturning chapter and I welcome your inputs. Thanks. Bob
  5. bobby g

Over-The -Top Sanding supply cabinet!

About a week ago Jean and I decided to put drawer fronts on an old storage cabinet that had not been totally completed. It had lived for a while in a closet holding CD's (where it wasn't seen) and then repurposed in my shop for several years for cabinet hardware storage where no one cared...
  6. bobby g

$100 for all - last call - Senco Framing Nails and Pneumatic Gun

Senco Framing Nails andPneumatic Gun. About 950 in each box. $20 each. About 4500 in each box. $35 each . Senco nail gun. Heavy weight. Works fine. $50. Get ready to build that shop! Now Buy everything for $100. Cash only please. Located in Pittsboro.
  7. bobby g

FREE 10" Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Blades

FREE 10" Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Blades. Well used. Free!
  8. bobby g

Makita 3 X 21 Belt Sander - $110 OBO

Now $110 OBO Makita model 9900B, 3 X 21 belt sander. An oldie but goodie Makita power tool in excellent condition. More than 2 dozen assorted grit belts are included. From the manufacturer: This belt sander has an all ball bearing construction for a long tool life, it also has a 7.8 amp motor...
  9. bobby g

Porter Cable Finish Nailer

Porter Cable model FN250SB, straight 16 gauge finish nailer. New in box - never used. Located in Pittsboro. $75.00 cash only please.
  10. bobby g

Cheese Board Mania! aka Charcuterie Boards - with updates

So when we took a break from building furniture toward the end of last year, we produced about 40 cheese boards, most about 7" X 10" using a variety of wood species. Here are photos of about half of them. All of the colors seen are natural wood colors modified only by the mineral oil and wax...
  11. bobby g

Latest project completed - UPDATED

Jean and I completed this foyer table for our home recently. The sides are 3/4" Baltic birch pw veneered with Pau Ferro (this is the finishing headache that we suffered with for a while). The interior skeleton was also made from 3/4" BB. This fits into dadoes in the side panels to form a torsion...
  12. bobby g

Help - my finish won't dry - UPDATE

I applied a coat of General Finishes Seal A Cell three days ago to a veneered panel of Pau Ferro and it's still tacky. My shop is warm and dry. I did not wipe it down with acetone on the finish side - just on the glue side. Maybe I need to remove it and start over. If so, how would I do that...
  13. bobby g

10" Carbide Tipped Saw Blades

Various saw blades for sale. Please mention blade number when corresponding. #1 SOLD to HMH - Forrest Chopmaster. 10" Premium miter saw blade. 3/32" kerf. Freshly sharpened by Forrest. $80. #2 SOLD to jlimey - Forrest Woodworker I. 10" - 80 tooth crosscut blade. 3/32 kerf. Recently sharpened...
  14. bobby g

Waterstones - New Price - $60

I am offering these three plus the white slurry stone as a set only. 8000, 1200 & 800 grits. Stones are about 2.50" X 8.25". Matsunaga is the brand of the 800 and 1200. Not sure about the fine stone. Very little use. $60 for all. Located in Pittsboro.
  15. bobby g

Contemporary Headboard

We needed a new headboard for our bed which sits out from all the bedroom walls. This meant that the normal back of the headboard be finished from top to bottom. Jean and I shopped around for such a configuration but didn’t find anything suitable, so we decided to design and build one ourselves...
  16. bobby g

Contemporary Natural Edge Sofa Table

My girl friend Jean and I designed and built this table a few weeks ago. The slab is Macacauba that we purchased at Woodcraft in Raleigh. It is 30" high, 54" long and about 13" at the widest point. The waterfall miter was the the most nerve racking but turned out fine. To facilitate cutting the...
  17. bobby g

170" bandsaw blade needed

We have a hot project going and we need to get our hands on a 170" bandsaw blade ASAP. I have 4, brand new - 168" blades available. :(. Get the picture? If you have a new 3/8" or 1/2" blade that you'd like to sell, please let me know. I'd be willing to drive an hour in any direction from...
  18. bobby g

SOLD - Delta Platinum Edition 2-Speed Heavy Duty Wood Shaper

3HP reversible motor. 7000 & 10,000 rpm. Like new condition; Used less than 10 hours!! I purchased this years ago and had big plans for it that never materialized. It has been stored in my climate controlled shop ever since. Includes the Delta Sliding Shaper Jig and mobile base. $1650.00...
  19. bobby g

Laguna LT 18 Bandsaw for sale

This Italian made saw is about 15 years old and has always been in my climate- controlled workshop. I am the original owner and when I brought it home, I raised it off the floor by 5.5 inches to make the table height 40 inches (see photos); this can be undone if desired. I purchased the mobility...
  20. bobby g

Anyone have a mortising machine that I can rent/borrow?

I need to rent/borrow a mortising machine to do 200 1/4" square holes in rocking chair parts for my Toys for Tots project. I have the bit. This weekend would be perfect. I live 7 miles east of Pittsboro. Thanks for considering.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS