Search results

1. red

Wanted: DELTA 43-357 Double-Ended Router and Stub Spindle

I'm looking for a DELTA 43-357 Double-Ended Router and Stub Spindle if anyone has one and wants to part with it. This is a spindle that allows my old Delta shaper (43-355) to use router bits 1/4" and 1/2". I've googled it and nobody has it new or used that I could find. Hoping someone has one...
  2. red

Plywood Cart with Contents - SOLD

Heavy Duty Plywood Cart with Contents. For sale shop made heavy duty plywood cart with all its contents. Heavy duty casters. Cart holds 8’ long sheets of plywood with storage cubbies on the back side. There is a full sheet of cherry plywood, large pieces of maple, birch and baltic birch...
  3. red

Considering a Festool ETS 150/5 EQ-Plus 6" Random Orbit sander. Who's got one?

Hey All, I'm considering the purchase of a Festool ETS 150/5 EQ-Plus 6" Random Orbit sander. This has the 5mm sanding stroke. At $390 it's a lot of money but the reviews give it high marks. Many say it cuts their sanding time down considerably with high quality and that's what caught my...
  4. red

Beautiful black walnut lumber

I picked up a load of some very nice black walnut this morning at the Appalachian Walnut Company in Lincolnton NC. If you’re a woodworker this is a place you need to visit. Many different grades of walnut. Cole and Brennan are brothers and run the sawmill together. Both are great to deal with. I...
  5. red

Dust Adaptor for a Porter Cable Belt Sander (352VS)

I need help in locating a dust adaptor for my new Porter Cable belt sander model #352VS. In the manual it shows a dust adaptor you can purchase. I've searched everywhere I can online and in my catalogs and I come up with nothing. Does anyone know about this or has better luck searching than I...
  6. red

SOLD DCT Cyclone Wood Saw Dust Collection Garbage Trash Can Lid

DCT Cyclone Wood Saw Dust Collection Garbage Trash Can Lid – Woodshop Dust Separator Lid for Woodworking Collector Tools This is very slightly used and it works great. I just don't have a need for it anymore. It includes the collection lid, 90* bend and two sections of 4" hoses with clamps...
  7. red

Shipping a piece of furniture help/advice

Anyone have experience shipping a piece of furniture and can offer some advice/help/give me a direction to head? I built a rather large urn for a client. It's exterior dimensions are 53"L x 23"W x 12"H and weighs in at 50 LBS. It's built in pine. I need to ship it to Rhode Island from the...
  8. red

Branding a cutting/charcuterie board... top or bottom?

I'm looking to see how people who brand their cutting or charcuterie boards, do you brand it on the top (face) or on the bottom (back) side? I've been branding the back side but I like the look and started thinking it should go on the top. What do you do? Thanks. Red
  9. red

Brushing Lacquer... do you have a favorite brush?

I purchased a can of brushing lacquer to finish some cherry potpourri bowls. The directions say to use a natural bristle brush. I tried some and I'm not happy with how the lacquer flows off the brush. I even tried a foam brush with some pretty good results. Do you have a favorite natural bristle...
  10. red

I broke a bandsaw blade today... that's a god thing.

I broke my bandsaw blade today just cutting out some cherry rounds for some potpourri bowls I need to make. Once I got the new blade installed and finished the cut, I realized how dull my old blade was. The new blade cut through like butter and following the cut line was so much easier. So I'm...
  11. red

RAS side tables complete.

I finished building my side tables for the radial arm saw. I never had tables before always relied on roller stands or the router table to support my lumber.Very happy with how these turned out. Red
  12. red

Picked up some of my old equipment 15 years later

Long story short, I moved south from CT back in 2004. I sold all my woodworking equipment before moving... mostly to family. Two weeks ago while planning a quick trip to CT for other reasons I asked the family members if I could buy back certain pieces of equipment that I wanted. The Delta...
  13. red

Remote control for dust collector

A great addition to my workshop. I just purchase this dust collector remote control system for 220V and just want to pass along that it works great and is very convenient to have the remote hooked on my tool belt. Saves a lot of walking around to turn on/off the dust collector. I am using it...
  14. red

Grizzly G0548ZP hose/inlet question.

I have the Grizzly G0548ZP dust collector. Going into the unit it is 6" that has a 3 way 4" adaptor. My question is; Is there any harm in running it with two of the three inlets capped and use the third one going to whatever machine I'm using? Am I restricting the motor or is all well? I am...
  15. red

Anyone have a Forrest saw blade sharpening coupon available?

I purchased a brand new woodworker II saw blade. They used to come with discounted sharpening coupons... but it didn't. Anyone have a Forrest sharpening coupon they wouldn't mind mailing to me? I google searched looking for one and came up with nothing. Any assistance will be greatly...
  16. red

Mineral oil on cutting board...does it ever stop seeping out?

Hey All, Just like the title says, does the mineral oil ever stop seeping out everytime I touch the cutting board? I made six cutting boards using a mixture of kiln dried cherry and hard maple, finished them with one coat of mineral oil. Still a week later every time I touch them where my hand...
  17. red

Big leaf maple ...what is a good finish?

I have several pieces of big leaf maple that I'm looking to turn some bowls out of. Having never worked with this wood, what is a good finish for a bowl of big leaf maple? My blanks are 6x6x2 for the most part. Thanks for any suggestions. Red
  18. red

Looking for an accurate stud finder

With the new house and detached workshop nearing completion, I am looking for recommendations for a stud finder that really works. I will have lots of things to hang and install. If you have one that works please pass along brand and model number. Thanks in advance. Red
  19. red

Have to sign in every time I visit

Hey All, For some reason only with this site I have to sign in everytime I visit even though I click the remember me box. I'm not clearing the history or doing anything with my computer. Is there something going on? Thanks. Red
  20. red

Pegboard workshop walls. Who has done this?

I'm in the process of having a new workshop (and house) built. The workshop is a stand alone structure 26'x36' with 10' ceilings. The walls will be insulated. I'm considering what to cover the walls with. I'm liking the idea of pegboard. One advantage too is that I can easily pop off a...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS