Search results

1. C

New Supermax 19-38 Changing Paper Issues

Thanks for the feedback! Great idea about looking for the stretch and readjusting. That should solve it.
  2. C

New Supermax 19-38 Changing Paper Issues

Hey All, I picked this unit up a few months ago and it has lived up to my expectations. Recently, after I burned through the factory installed 80 grit, I bought some bulk rolls and cut my own lengths and tapers per mfg instructions. The first 2 rolls I installed had excellent results. Now...
  3. C

Live edge everything: How long will the trend last?

I've got a couple of Claro Walnut slabs I saw in California back in 1999 and had them shipped back. I could not figure out how to incorporate then in a design so they still sit. My former Manager has been screwing metal Amazon legs onto slabs he cuts with his mill and claims he's making a...
  4. C

Set up for Omni jig dovetail jig

Hey Gerald, I've owned the monster 24" Omni jig for 20+ years. The only time I encountered problems is when I bought a replacement bit and the angle was incorrect. Check the manual and make sure it's the correct one, not just any 1/2" dovetail bit will work. Also, the depth setting may end up...
  5. C

Spraying Annie Sloan Chalk Paint With HVLP

Thanks on the cabs! It was the customer for the piece on just finished and my wife for the kitchen that were insistent on the paint. I'd go solvent based, tinted lacquer any day. Our last kitchen was done that way with a glaze and significantly easier. Hope this thread helped a few folks.
  6. C

I have to say, I'm really impressed by the colors offered. It's terribly expensive but you can paint a fairly large piece for about $42.00/qt When the distressed craze was in and I think it still is, this paint sanded like sanding sealer so I assume it contains some kind of serates...
  7. C

As Berta states below that chalk paint is different than chalkboard paint. That said, I've brushed this same brand with smooth results. The coverage is not as complete as spraying though. I'm trying to determine if this is a learning curve with my 4-stage or the product simply doesn't spray...
  8. C

Hey All, I just sprayed a custom-built sideboard with A.S. chalk paint. Rough finish but beautifully consistent color Sorry, pictures will not help to point out my concern. Some points to note. First, a few years back, I brushed this brand on my hand-built kitchen cabs and distressed for...
  9. C

Advise for beginners

Looking back after 27yrs, aside from my Unisaw saw, I think having a few very precision tools like accurate squares and rulers (Incra like precision) and a few well-tuned handplanes brought my creations together. A pad of graph paper really helps with adjusting proportions when you design.
  10. C

What is your most disliked or disappointing tool?

My 14" Delta enclosed base bandsaw purchased new in the mid 90's. I added a 6" riser block at some point. I've never, ever been able to tune this boat anchor for accurate resawing. Tried new tension spring, urethane bands, blades, Snodgrass videos, etc. and it just never performed. I've...
  11. C

Reclaimed Lumber Find - Small But Still A Jackpot

Hey Ken, They are heart pine. Some look old growth too. They sure aren't Oak. You're back will always tell when you've lifting Oak. I'm thinking that I'll take a few hand planes to these and give it a more hand-worked look. I can also control the amount of oxidation I remove plus a closer...
  12. C

Reclaimed Lumber Find - Small But Still A Jackpot

Friends of ours were clearing their recently deceased father's basement and came upon a stack of these boards from an old mill the family once owned. The couple commissioned me to create several simple tables and benches for family members. There at least 3x as much as needed and I'm thinking...
  13. C

Unisaw #36-812 Switch Problem

I received a reply from Delta. Their recommendation is A26314S which runs about $229. I like Chris' $80 idea much better. Thanks again everyone for your input and I hope this thread helps others.
  14. C

Bob/Gene, Thanks a bunch for the research and help! A real eye opener looking at the burnt contacts. The ...........0199 part # on the pic is what I have on the on the saw. I did notice the stop button was a bit sticky and after freeing it up, it's currently behaving. Mine is a 1ph 3hp.
  15. C

Afternoon, My Unisaw switch has an issue with turning on and off, often requiring a few pushes for either operation. I'd first ask if anyone else has experienced this problem with this model? Compressed air blowout didn't solve anything. I managed to dig up the original "Replacement...
  16. C

Bench Dog Cast Iron Router Table Extension & Incra Mast-R-Lift II Combo

Thanks much for the feedback, Ethan, and Merry Christmas to you as well! I'm glad you added in the insight about the lift. The thought of using one came to mind when a few select router bits for shallow passes in the PC7518 never seated "low" enough below the table. Creating a clean tenon...
  17. C

Bench Dog Cast Iron Router Table Extension & Incra Mast-R-Lift II Combo

Evening Folks, Just checking to see if anyone has this setup, or close to it, and what they think of it. I've been interested in this bolt on cast iron table for quite some time. I do not have the wall space for another stationary tool. My Unisaw w/ 52" extension is on the massive Portamate...
  18. C

New to Sprayed-On Finishes (and Finishing in General) - Where Do I Start?

As mentioned, the Reviews are a main topic under Forums. Here is a link to the review posted a while back. https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64276
  19. C

New to Sprayed-On Finishes (and Finishing in General) - Where Do I Start?

Hey Dave, Nothing to add to the good advice. I posted a review of my newly acquired Fuji 4 stage under "Reviews". At the least it will provide some feedback on my experience. If you are going the HVLP direction for future projects, you can compare this with Apollo, Earlex or other stages of...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS