Search results

1. ShortRound84

Lie Nielsen Tools for sale

Awesome David thanks!
  2. ShortRound84

David, I started a “conversation” with you which I think is a PM. Let me know if you get it. Otherwise I’m happy to post my email then delete it so we can coordinate payment and shipping.
  3. ShortRound84

Thanks David, PM sent. Ill take the #6 also if its not spoken for.
  4. ShortRound84

Hi David, I’ll take the LN #49 if it’s available.
  5. ShortRound84

A "Quiet" vacuum?

I recently upgraded from the Bosch dust extractor to a CT26 (open box, used deal only saved me $100 or so). I would just save your dollars a few more months and go with the Festool. The hose garage is nice, it’s very quiet, and you can add a Bluetooth remote which is awesome. Plus it...
  6. ShortRound84

Housed Sliding Dovetail jig

This is great thanks for sharing! Is there any advantage of this over normal sliding dovetails other than the cool factor? Seems like the dado would help make a clean joint. Some of my sliding dovetails end up with a small gap when i get them sized properly.
  7. ShortRound84

Black Walnut Flooring for sale -not mine

What a deal! That's only $493 per bf. Do you think he takes bit coin?
  8. ShortRound84

Straight Edge?

I would save your money, sell some old tools, and get the Makita tracksaw instead of spending on bora guides and other half measures. It works great and is pretty cheap if you get the corded version.
  9. ShortRound84

Straight Edge?

Yep these are hot garbage. They flex really bad on anything the the shortest cut. I use this as a reference straight edge to check if your guides are straight Taytools SES24 24 Inch Steel Straight Edge Guaranteed Straight to Within .002 Inch Over Full 24 Inch Length SES24 Taytools SES24 24...
  10. ShortRound84

Shapton glass stones

I use the Trend 300/1000 diamond stone for flattening my Shapton stones, works great on the 300 grit side. Just make sure to use plenty of water to keep the slurry wet otherwise it can be hard to use. The initial purchase is a bit steep but its handy for dressing chipped plane irons etc.
  11. ShortRound84

SketchUp

Thanks! I will check it out.
  12. ShortRound84

SketchUp

Can you guys recommend the best way to learn SU? I’m struggling to get started but I think this would really help take things to the next level.
  13. ShortRound84

Dado vs router

Yep what Charley said. I have an 8” Infinity Dadonator set. Works well for other stuff also like box joints, rabbets (using a sacrificial fence) etc.
  14. ShortRound84

Dust collection beyond shop vac

Haha yep I’ve done that. I didn’t want any larger critters getting in so I went with a screened exhaust port. But it’s easily clogged with debris when the barrel fills up. I guess I just need to empty the barrel more often.
  15. ShortRound84

Since my garage doesn't have any windows, I waited for my wife to go on a day trip and cut a hole in the wall ;). That included knocking a hole in the brick facia but I think it turned out ok. I used a 6" vented port from HD and hooked it up. Noise outside with the DC turned on is about the...
  16. ShortRound84

I couldn't agree more Jim. Either a high quality filter like Wynn or venting outside is essential. That's why I went with an external exhaust. The performance improvement gained by removing the filter was huge and there isn't anything to clean. But its not an option for everyone. Our bodies...
  17. ShortRound84

When I upgraded from a shop vac, I read through all of the standard info found online. Clear Vue and Oneida make some nice dust collection systems, but they seemed way overpriced for my needs. So I bought a used Grizzly 2HP DC of Craigslist ($200), and threw away everything but the...
  18. ShortRound84

Modern Lounge Chair

Nice looking chair! I like the design but $90 for plans seems... like they think very highly of their designs. Have you thought about sourcing seat cushions for lounge chairs like that? The options online seem very expensive. I might try a local upholstery shop and see if they can beat the...
  19. ShortRound84

Bandsaw

Sure. Mine works great. I think the model I have is discontinued and came with a foot brake, which works well once the drum is worn in a bit. Most of the newer ones I saw have a motor break. Bearing blade guides are standard size and easy to find replacements for. Dust collection isn’t great...
  20. ShortRound84

Bandsaw

My 3hp grizzly is a single belt with the motor mount used to adjust belt tension. When I brought it home two years ago, I went through everything including adjusting the belt tension. Haven’t touched it since.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS