Search results

1. B

Family business started during pandemic

Hi Bill, Welcome from another Bill. I like the pictures except for sliced finger! Welcome to the forum.
  2. B

The Hillsborough Efland Mebane Chapel Hill Durham and nearby get-to-know-you thread

I've never tried Red Oak but I would be up for a taste test. After the second jab I am feeling more social!
  3. B

The Hillsborough Efland Mebane Chapel Hill Durham and nearby get-to-know-you thread

I'm in Chapel and would also be in for a meet-n-greet
  4. B

COULD be a deal... RDU CL - Woodtek Bandsaw - $50 (EDIT - presumably SOLD)

I had a couple of peices of Woodtek equipment in my last shop, a jointer and drill press. the jointer was as Charley says just fine but the drill press had an issue. The handles broke as soon as it was out of warranty and I replaced them with some heavy duty bolts that worked for about 15...
  5. B

Lumber prices

I added you to my informal list. If a run becomes immanent I'll reach back out to everyone.
  6. B

Dado vs router

I also have both and find the dado blade is easier to use for larger pieces or long cuts.
  7. B

Bandsaw

Thanks Phil - I just realized that I will never run both at the same time so I can either add a pigtail or run a second outlet off the same breaker. I may take you up on the pigtail - let me look into either halfsize breakers or a second outlet. I am not ready to buy so I have some time to...
  8. B

Bandsaw

I'm saving up for a new bandsaw to replace my little tabletop saw so this discussion has been great for me. I am hampered by a lack of 220 outlets and full panel so I would either have to stick with something that is 120V or swap the plug with my planer constantly. Thoughts? It looks like you...
  9. B

Lumber prices

As I said in my earlier post, I'm happy to coordinate a wish list. So far I have curly maple and cherry for Jeremy and Mike. I also want some "plain" cherry in 12/4 and 4/4 as well as some maple, curly maple and I can always use more walnut. If others want to either reply or PM their wish...
  10. B

Lumber prices

Thanks for doing this, maybe we could suggest a donation to NCWW. I am happy to coordinate the wish list if that will help. And I do have one question, what would you consider a reasonable minimum order per type of wood? also - I just looked at your website - beautiful work!
  11. B

Lumber prices

I'm always in for a lumber run! And my project list from my wife is so long that I don't need to hide it...of course there may be a few extra boards that I need just in case.
  12. B

Why...

I just finished a toy chest for my first grandchild. It's walnut with "blocks" from maple, bloodwood and yellow heart. I've also been making a lot of cutting boards and playing with various optical illusions. I'm working on 3 tables for various family members (1 for me) right now. I attached...
  13. B

Apple Country Woodcrafters

My sister lives near asheville and is thinking of joining Apple Country. She has very limited experience with woodworking so she'll need some training. I'd love to get your thoughts - is this the right group? Any better suggestions? I am sure there is considerable membership overlap with...
  14. B

Call out highlighting top notch support

Klingspor has always been great. I have had great support from Rockler too. They are always friendly and willing to help.
  15. B

Contractor vs. Cabinet vs. Hybrid Saw

I faced this same decision last year. In my case it was if I bought a contractor saw then I could get a band saw as well. I made the decision to get the 220V Sawstop cabinet saw and have never regretted it. My shop is fairly small so I also got the Sawstop integrated mobile base. Although...
  16. B

The only thing worse than a table saw accident...

I worked with middle-schoolers on after school projects in the woodshop for several years and drilled all the safety measures people have listed above into them. Then I ran a 3/32 kerf through my thumb tip. Again - I was following all the safety process but something kicked back and it...
  17. B

Hello From Greensboro

Wow - beautiful work. Welcome. Can you share how you did the white spots in the burled box?
  18. B

Northern Tools Now Stocks Rockler

If you just sign up for their email list then Rockler always does free shipping.
  19. B

Power Tool Table Polish

A related question: what do you do when you do get those small rust spots? I recently got a new SawStop (which is great) and am starting to get those unavoidable small scratches and dings. The shop is climate controlled and I'm trying to keep a coat of wax.
  20. B

Power Tool Table Polish

Another vote for Johnson's Paste wax.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS