Search results

1. Cabinet over desk

Cabinet over desk

Painted cabinet over desk. Tablet charging station built in underneath (dropdown) with outlet in rear. Undermount LED strip light.
  2. Drop down tablet storage

Drop down tablet storage

Custom drop down tablet storage with recessed hinge and tension gas springs.
  3. C

Another question on staining new pine to match old pine

Here is the backside, unstained The stain I'm applying is really light grey, just trying to get the door and the other wood to match. This is just a representative sample, back of the bed frame. The door will be framed with other pieces similar to this. I wish I could cut the lighter piece off...
  4. C

Another question on staining new pine to match old pine

Pics to follow, but basically we have an old reclaimed door that was once painted, was stripped down to the wood and appears to be old heart pine. I was lucky enough to fine some heart pine lumber to make into a bed frame (thanks saw mill nc). It's not getting much of a stain to try and blend...
  5. Shopsmith 10er

Shopsmith 10er

Shopsmith 10er circa 1949. Restored but with dry film lubricant slides and powder coated castings. Picture taken around 2005, now has a new base.
  6. Bookshelf

Bookshelf

Dark wax finish over chalk paint. Bookshelf was built ~2003-2005. It was stained birch, but no longer looked right in this room.
  7. Cabinet over desk

Cabinet over desk

Dark wax finish over chalk paint. Cabinets are storage for live edge walnut slab L-shaped desk. Cabinets have drop down tablet storage underneath and plug in inside the cabinet.
  8. Cabinet

Cabinet

Dark wax finish over chalk paint. Cabinets are storage for live edge walnut slab L-shaped desk. Cabinets have drop down tablet storage underneath and plug in inside the cabinet.
  9. C

Epoxy filler

Right now I am just finishing it as it and seeing how it looks. If it ends translucent I think it will be fine, but the general idea is to build it up. After I got the bottom filled and it hardened I did the wrong thing next. I mixed about 5 pumps of each 105/206 and before it hardened but was...
  10. C

Chestnut -- how to work? Any advice?

I have a bunch of hybrid (I assume) chestnut that I will be returning to my dad soon. The wood I have planed and worked with was like a cross between oak and hickory. I say assumed hybrid, because it came from 3 trees cut down about 20 or so years ago. There were 4 trees in his yard that are...
  11. C

Epoxy filler

Speaking of screwing up like I did in above post, how would you fix this, router/dremel some out and fill will colored, paint it, make it cloudy/frosted...? It's a larger void that I filled, mixed too much, it heated up too fast, bubble off gassed, overheated and cracked.
  12. C

My restored Shopsmith 10ER

Here is my before and after of my Shopsmith 10ER. I have sentimental reasons for keeping this as I am the 3rd generation owner of this tool. I have since also replaced the stand it's sitting on. The black rails are not spray paint, but are a dry film lubricant powder coat. I disassembled the...
  13. C

Epoxy filler

I heard there was a study on some 20+ year shelf stored west systems epoxy that, although yellowed, still met all of it's specifications on strength. Also for really small voids where a full pump isn't needed I found a medicine syringe from tractor supply is very cheap and allows for precise...
  14. C

Looking for finishing suggestions

Thanks guys. Bill, I'm going to experiment with the BLO/varnish/ms and tung/varnish/ms... hopefully this week. Here is it pre-finished. Note the bullets in the slab. Also shows where I filled with west systems epoxy and learned a hard lesson about going too fast. I have since put more epoxy...
  15. C

Some unpainted legs and the 4ft half of the ell. I will butt the ell with 2 3/8" plates and match the contour.
  16. C

I've been working on a live edge ell shaped walnut desk with metal legs for a while now. I learned some hard lessons on epoxy filling some large holes. At first, thought I ruined the project, but I think it's going to turn out okay. I'd like to, solicit your advice on a finish, or rather "clear...
  17. C

West System Vs. Bondo

I have since hopefully managed to salvage the disaster of my #firstworldproblem and another thin layer of epoxy filled in the cracks nicely.
  18. C

West System Vs. Bondo

Wow good information, thanks. For the bondo option I was looking at the polyester fiberglass resin, but after reading the responses I got some more 105/206 epoxy/hardener. My cube neighbor builds his own boats, kayaks (apparently is pretty darn good too) and was very familiar with the product...
  19. C

West System Vs. Bondo

I am working on 2 projects one is making a 9/4 walnut slab into a live edge desk that has a huge knot to fill. So large I considered leaving it (approx 1.5"× 12"×2.25 deep), but some of the wood was rotten, so I got the soft pieces out and decided to fill with epoxy. This is my first attempt at...
  20. C

lathe bearing

Tractor Supply carries some bearings as well. You may try there.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS