Search results

1. M

Wood identification please

Human. I think I shall call it mystery black wood. Thank you all for the input
  2. M

That may be it!. Grain matches.
  3. M

I bought it off one the FB blank trading pages. I tried to find the thread or contact but it was a while back. I recall the seller was from CA but that may not mean much.this was when I started wood turning and was unwilling to spend much on blanks. So it must have been "cheap"; l assume it is a...
  4. M

Maybe..... but it is more black than brown. Oh well, it'll go on the lathe soon. Thank you
  5. M

hi. I've had the below pieces for a few years, and I labeled them black redwood. Can't find much on the web to compare with. And what I can find indicates that black redwood is uncommon. Any suggestions or idea what those could be? Wood is very soft and has no distinctive smell.. thank you
  6. M

More Cherry Burl

Thanks
  7. M

More Cherry Burl

Nice. I have used OB shine juice or bees was mixed with mineral oil on burls. I usually try to stabilize the blank prior to turning then use sanding sealer before the wax coat. Btw. Do you have any cut offs from the burl ?
  8. M

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOWMAN

Happy birthday
  9. M

Latest Turnings

As always, amazing !
  10. M

Sound system..?

I use aftershokz headset (also use them for running). They sit on the outside of your ears and deliver the sound through your cheekbones, so you can always hear outside noises and put ear protection if needed. They are blue tooth connected. If not, I just have my phone going.
  11. M

Captive ring tip

Thank you. That makes sense
  12. M

Captive ring tip

Good morning. Looking for captive ring tips. It seems that I always end up with a "lip" on the inside of the ring, and I spend a considerable amount of time sanding the ring with long strips of sandpaper. Sometimes I wrap a sand paper to the body and spin the ring around it with mixed results...
  13. M

Adirondack Chairs

This is my next project. Just picked up cedar from a member..... nice looking chairs. Personal use or do you sell them as well?
  14. M

More floating shelves

Wow. What do you mean by "Soft Maple, with Maple ply MDF core"?. The way I imagine floating shelves is a frame, with mdf covering or plywood. Thanks
  15. M

The death of my first friend, my dad

My condolences
  16. M

Broken Stanley Block Plane

Had a similar mishap with a plane I was restoring... ended up buying the bed for real cheap on ebay.... I know you wanted a recommendation but unless is it done right, not sure it will work as intended
  17. M

Dust collector bags

I have reused the same bag multiple times, with one of then duct taped to patch a hole https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005VSBBKO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_S--8EbMPG80TW
  18. M

Semi floating shelf

i got flush mounting hardware.: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07218FGSG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  19. M

Another spalted bowl

Thank you....
  20. M

Another spalted bowl

I think this was oak that I spalted at the same time as my last bowl. Not as much figure but there was a void (damage to the three) that came out very nice. Took about 6 hrs to turn as I was taking very shallow cuts, afraid to snag that edge/ void. Finish is shellac.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS