Search results

1. DSWalker

Summer Projects

Very nice!! But did she pay "The shop" $3000?
  2. DSWalker

Replacement windows

Hey Jeff, I can't respond to Anderson, however I will provide info on Window World. I replaced all of my windows about 10 years ago with the WW brand. Almost ALL of them have had broken seals, and mold or algae growing between the panes. They did replace them at no charge (lifetime...
  3. DSWalker

Miter gauge fence - $20 (Winston Salem)

Someone will grab that fast!
  4. DSWalker

Meditation table/Bench for my niece

Ambrosia maple and Purple heart top. Legs are white oak with ebony stain. Niece visited from TN specifically to help with this project. She did all of the sanding, oiling the top and staining the legs. I made the cuts and put together. Quick little project. She is thrilled with it.
  5. DSWalker

Drill press (was) kicking GFI breaker

Mine was required for the inspection. They considered it a wet area even though my shop is fully enclosed, insulated and HVAC controlled.
  6. DSWalker

I did move it further away from the outlet. May try moving it back closer and seeing what happens to diagnose a bit deeper. Will also check that original outlet. But I do think Ive used it regularly without further issues on other equip.
  7. DSWalker

A while back my drill press started kicking the GFI breaker immediately when I turned the power on. It did it multiple times and I just put it in the corner and forgot about it because I rarely need it. Today, I plugged it into a different outlet (same circuit) turned it on and works fine...
  8. DSWalker

Spalted maple stain options

Agreed. I'm hoping she goes with the oil. But we will see.
  9. DSWalker

What type oil did you use, and was the wood as light as mine prior to oiling? I think she might like this. She is coming over from TN tomorrow for the weekend, so this is going to be a really quick build.
  10. DSWalker

Update: worked till about 8 PM last night. Niece was actively assisting and asking what she could do to help. Going with the BLO. She still wants it darker. May run to Lowes and see if another oil might help darken it a little more. This has about 3 coats so far. Also added a strip of...
  11. DSWalker

Jointer Planer 6-1/8" Rigid JP0600 - $175 (Berkshire Forest - Myrtle Beach)

Yep, if its running, thats a deal. I got a similar sized one, including the same rust, for $250 and thought that was a decent price.
  12. DSWalker

Free large monitors

Thanks again Phil! I did make my ticket purchase!! Good to see you too Steve.
  13. DSWalker

Free large monitors

I can come Wednesday as well. Let us know where.
  14. DSWalker

Free large monitors

Hey Phil. when you say monitor, does that mean must be attached to computer to operate? Wondering if I can cast my YouTube TV to it from my phone. If you think that would work, I could pick one up this week. Would be a great addition to the shop. Edited: Read up on this using info you...
  15. DSWalker

Disposable Gloves

Any autoparts store. Mechanics gloves. Heavier duty, so they are reusable depending on what you are using them for. Not sure if nitrile or not.
  16. DSWalker

Interest in standing or fresh sawn oak lumber?

I'm too far away to be interested in the lumber, but do have a suggestion for the lumber. I had a pole barn type shop built a few years back using 6"×6" poles. They installed the exterior siding, but left the interior unfinished. I cut a bunch of pine from my property and had a mobil sawmill...
  17. DSWalker

Raleigh area contractor, handy men or woman needed.

LOCATION = RALEIGH I have a coworker in search of a local carpenter/handyman to do some work inside their house. Built in shelving. Construct a new door in an existing laundry room and maybe some lite drywall work. Location is just off New Bern Ave between downtown and Wake Med hospital main...
  18. DSWalker

Dust collector bags

I have the 2 HP Grizzly. 20" diameter. I used the bag that came with it [bought used] for over a year. It finally had enough holes even duct tape wasn't helping. The bag, however fit tightly on the DC. I bought some generic 5mil bags on Amazon and I'd wager they are 21 to 22" diameter, even...
  19. DSWalker

Mini-Split unit kicked breaker

Yes. I was designated breaker tester. He was tracing to see where the 'pop' was coming from and found it happening on the board.
  20. DSWalker

Mini-Split unit kicked breaker

Main mother board is likely fried. Found a couple spots showing burns. Bummer. Searching for replacement.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS