Search results

1. BWhitney

Forstner bits

Who makes them? Where can they be ordered?
  2. BWhitney

What is your indispensable hand tool?

Mark It appears that my locking nut is M3 with a .5mm pitch. McMaster-Carr part (McMaster-Carr) should be what you need. $1.47 and no, I don't have any of those on order. Probably less trouble to just buy a new protractor.
  3. BWhitney

Mark, I think I have that identical tool. I'll check the size of the locking nut against some knurled nuts that I have on order. I'll get back to you on that.
  4. BWhitney

Mike, you are an instigator. I can't get that question out of my mind so here goes. My shop is a small overcrowded carport-to-garage-to-shop with limited space. I don’t think there is any one indispensable tool but there are rather indispensable categories of tools. Since my shop is so small...
  5. BWhitney

NCWW could use a stimulus

I looked up and it was the fourth of August already. Where does the time go? Oh well, new month so that means time to buy more tickets and use some more of the stimulus bonus to stimulate our economy.
  6. BWhitney

Who's been in construction for a really long time?

Just my opinion, but I think plastic/fiberglass is required these days. My old (1963ish) aluminum isn't allowed on a job site any more!
  7. BWhitney

Plywood & the BORG

I needed some 1/4 inch plywood so went to the BORG. I bought a 4 x 8 sheet of 1/4 inch sanded plywood ($26.02) and a 4 x 8 sheet of 5 mil underlayment ($13.98) I got them home and while putting them away decided I should have saved some dollars and just bout the underlayment. It was much nicer...
  8. BWhitney

NCWW Picnic Cancelled......Raffle tickets still available

Don't worry Berta. I don't want to do any scroll sawing/fancy s***f so I'll just forward it to you!
  9. BWhitney

NCWW Picnic Cancelled......Raffle tickets still available

Good Job. I can send you my address so you can just send all of the prizes directly to me. No need to hold a drawing!
  10. BWhitney

2020 Raffle Sales Chart

Bowman, will give us an update on the above chart? Thanks.
  11. BWhitney

I just bought my second block of tickets for July. As I said back when the stimulus checks came, I expect to use a significant part to stimulate the NCWW so I have step up my purchasing.
  12. BWhitney

Lost Art Press "The Anarchist's Workbench"

I followed the link, downloaded the book, read the book, and now I am wishing I had space (may have to MAKE space) to set that up in my (overstufferd) carport/garage workshop.
  13. BWhitney

Lost Art Press "The Anarchist's Workbench"

Dammit, that workshop, if it is a workshop with clamps on the wall, is WAY to clean!
  14. BWhitney

Reminder-Official raffle prize list

How many of the 4000 have been sold so far? I'd hate to be ready to buy tickets and find out the limit had been reached.
  15. BWhitney

Shaker Inspired Clock

Nice!
  16. BWhitney

Air Compressor -- When to Retire

Gee. And I thought I was the ONLY one who only drained one or twice a year. FWIW if I replace mine, I am going to take a serious look at the California Air Compressors.
  17. BWhitney

My block of tickets for June has been purchased. YAY for the stimulus bill. I may have to buy another block in June. We'll see.
  18. BWhitney

Need advice on vise restoration

I, for one, am jealous!
  19. BWhitney

Wow! There is such a difference between before and after! So now I have a #4 1/2 Stanley that I am going to have to try the vinegar method on.
  20. BWhitney

No pictures, didn't happen!

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS