Search results

1. Hmerkle

Knew Concepts saw

I have considered purchasing one of these saws as many of you have said they are wonderful. The question is, which one? the 3 inch, the 5 in, one with rotating blade - SO many choices... Right now I am looking at the 3" Mark III saw with lever tension - but I am curious, if I will miss not...
  2. Hmerkle

Thread notifications

I was complaining that I get too many e-mails from NCWW and was told that I can change that with our new software. By clicking on the "Watch" button (circled in red) on the upper right hand corner of a thread a box with two choices comes up. By selecting the "Watch this thread... without...
  3. Hmerkle

Thank you

I wanted to publicly thank Ron (Flying Ron) for making a change to the site. Previously when you clicked on "Home" the page was "taken over" but the .com site Now it opens a new tab, so where you were is preserved. He said "Oh that is simple" sometimes the simple things are the best!
  4. Hmerkle

Looking for help - Honest furniture appraiser near Jacksonville, NC

I saw a post on FB asking for help, The poster says: " I am at risk of losing my home due to damages caused by Florence. Located in Jacksonville, NC" Anyone out that way have suggestions? Here is a link to his post...
  5. Hmerkle

Dust Collection and You Tube

We talk about dust collection a lot here and You Tube videos. I think this is a GREAT reference. Here is one from Jay Bates (a popular You Tuber and watched by many here) but I was impressed with one of my "local companies" making good and while I know the Nordfab is expensive, but WOW how...
  6. Hmerkle

Were wooden pipes ever used as water mains?

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Albany-Water-Department-uncovers-wood-pipe-13602367.php More interesting information from "It's a Fire Life" on Facebook: Interesting discovery in Colchester Ct. The water department was repairing a main when they discovered a wooden water main , the main...
  7. Hmerkle

Bring the shop to your office

The timeless beauty of nature, right here on your desk. https://www.gebruederhentschel.com
  8. Hmerkle

RZ Mask

Has anyone tried these? what do you think? Apologies if there is already a review out there... https://rzmask.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwm4rqBRBUEiwAwaWjjGbCKEcEKNnU8qKXk_BspYLnDcvytOXUKeIwX57iurehM3ISukWyNhoC7TcQAvD_BwE
  9. Hmerkle

How do I reference a post?

In VB there was a button to start a PM, so when I was in a post you could simply click on that and enter the handle of the person you wanted that message directed to... Does that option not exist in XenForo?
  10. Hmerkle

Why?

Why did you come to NCWW? Why do you stay? What do you like about NCWW? What do you like about NCWW versus other forums (if you are a member of other forums) What are two things NCWW does better than other forums? (or two things you like about NCWW) What are two things you wish NCWW would do...
  11. Hmerkle

Request for opinions

Saw this on FB Market place near me - I realize this is not a Jet or Supermax, but the real question is this: is it worth $450 or not?
  12. Hmerkle

DeWalt Scroll Saw Question

A little help from my scroller friends... Is a type1 DeWalt scroll saw worth $250? I have not seen it, I have NO idea of the condition, but that seems cheaper than I have seen recently...
  13. Hmerkle

problem with Chrome

What is being done to deal with the display problem with chrome?
  14. Hmerkle

Klingspor Abrasives Help Desk

New Link from Mike at Klingspor posted on Facebook - answers to your abrasive questions. (pretty cool!) Do you have a question about abrasives you'd like answered? We have started a help desk and would like to answer your questions! Klingspor's Woodworking Shop
  15. Hmerkle

Goodwill Lathe

Quite a while ago someone made a list of the goodwill lathe inventory. I searched for it in the resources, but did not find it. I searched a little in the forum threads (not too much) but it didn't pop to the top of the list... Whomever did that can you let me know and then send me the list...
  16. Hmerkle

South Carolina funeral home to honor unclaimed veteran

Caughman Harman Funeral Home (Columbia SC) said the funeral for Petty Officer Third Class James Miske will be 10 a.m. Friday at Fort Jackson National Cemetery near Columbia. I am going to give them a call tomorrow to see how he will be laid to rest - if cremated, can we get an urn down here for...
  17. Hmerkle

Festool question

Will a Festool CT Midi work for a TS55 and an ETS 125 sander or do I need to wait for a deal on a CT 26?
  18. Hmerkle

Moisture Meter opinions

I purchased a Delmhorst J-lite moisture meter. I was wondering if it is a good meter - I found these reviews: Delmhorst J-LITE 6% to 30% Pin LED Wood Moisture Meter - Delmhorst Moisture Meter - Amazon.com As usual "Great price" and "easy to use" is not a reccomendation of the product itself...
  19. Hmerkle

how do I?

I want to search for a member, but I only have his name not his handle. (I am looking for William Francis Brown - GALLERY | William Francis Brown|LineAndBerry.com|Fine Furniture|Camden,ME ) Earlier today I was looking for an old friend, but I only know his name as well... any ideas?
  20. Hmerkle

Popular Woodworking - Greene and Greene

Thought of @KenOfCary when I first saw this - but there are many Greene and Greene fans out there and thought I would share this article...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS