Search results

1. B

Baltic Birch 3/4 x 4' x 8'

frank, than hey is there room for my 4 sheets in the Raleigh pickup caravan?
  2. B

Baltic Birch 3/4 x 4' x 8'

i'll take 4.
  3. B

FS: Delta Contractor Table Saw - sold

god i wish i could buy the wings by themselves for my saw.
  4. B

Dove Tail Question

i've never used a router jig but if you are doing an entire kitchen, that seems like the way to go. maybe you can find a registration point somehow and shift it over to do your wide board. if you doing the case or a few drawers in a furniture project, handcut or some hybrid approach is kind of...
  5. B

Is a Byrd Shellix cutterhead worth the money?

agree with 1 and 3 is the real selling point. you can go against the grain in a lot of cases. #2 i will disagree with. changing out the 3 indexed knives on the DW735 is easy. it just costs money to buy new knives or time to sharpen them. changing the segmented cutters can be quite a job. dust...
  6. B

Quarter Sawn 4/4 Sycamore $4.25 bdft

where you located?
  7. B

Mother's day frame - cherry and paper cord

appreciate the kind words
  8. B

Mother's day frame - cherry and paper cord

i made a king size bed out of this same batch of cherry a few years back so my wife is partial to it. its over 20 years old so its a pretty nice oxidized and rich colored. the fam took a trip to nags head and hatteras right before the covid took off. picked up one of the lighthouse prints in...
  9. B

Recent Projects: Key / Wallet Storage, Zebrawood Tissue box

yes last two pics, #4 is cross-section top and #5 is the tissue box.
  10. B

Recent Projects: Key / Wallet Storage, Zebrawood Tissue box

i had some african mahogany boards that were pretzel shaped so i came up with a small project to use them. i ripped the boards so that i had strips of rift sawn and strips of flat sawn. the rift sawn was turned into the sides and top and the less attractive flat was the bottom. found a nice...
  11. B

Case Dovetails on Long Piece

l like that layout pattern. i'll decide over the next week. i have milled lightly twice and will do final milling and panel glue up this week.
  12. B

while true there are less complicated ways to do most tasks, your question gets at the deeper qeustion....why be a woodworker at all? i can just go to pottery barn and buy it. i'm interested in making the best possible product and i'm willing to take on a challenge.
  13. B

yes it has some room placement challenges. nice thing is that with the dresser right beside the mattress, really no need for a night stand. so we have left a walkway on the mattress side. however, this is for a 3 year old so i'm sure it may get placed in some illogical spots. the bed part is done.
  14. B

i thought about maybe switching to doweled dividers so that would make putting the tails on the top necessary since i would have drop the top down. the sliding dovetails can kind of annoying.
  15. B

i'm making a dresser that is going to be part of a modern child's bed. the piece will be 75 inches long (to match the length of the single mattress), 18 inches wide and about 18 inches tall. in short, a big rectangle. i would typically put the tails on the sides and pins on the top / bottom...
  16. B

Powermatic jointer

same for me. i'd get rid of my helical head before i'd go back to 6 inch.
  17. B

Powermatic jointer

how does the 8 inch with straight knives compare to the 6 inch with helical? those extra two inches are so nice. not totally pertinent but i have an old model 60A powermatic 8 inch jointer which i retrofitted with the byrd helical and she is a beauty!
  18. B

Belt Disc Sander

the disc sander has positives and negatives. the circular motion means it sands faster on the outside vs inside. i think you'll find that disc sander doesnt help you very much. the vertical belt sander will probably be nice. CL has a sanders pretty regularly. i recently bought horizontal...
  19. B

HELICAL VS: SPIRAL CUTTER HEAD

there is picture labeled powermatic...hard to see on that one. the pic with just a cutterhead not in a machine is helical. there are undoubtedly some misrepresentations / bad labeling from some manufacturers. Grizzly....the manufacturer mentioned at start of the post classifies cutterheads...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS