Search results

1. Ed Fasano

HVLP Spraying

I opted for a Fuji Spray Mini-Mite 3 several years ago. I ended up with the gravity feed gun option but can see pros and cons for both gravity and siphon feed. The optional whip hose is a must-have accessory. They should include it with the system, but I suppose that they want to keep the base...
  2. Ed Fasano

Dw735

Put me down after Rick. Happy to drive from Kernersville with cash.
  3. Ed Fasano

Just a Few

Stunning!
  4. Ed Fasano

Recent turnings

I spent two days last December with Stuart Kent at the North Carolina Furniture School in Farmville. It was two days well spent and well worth the cost. I'm still working on becoming a better turner and working too to justify the cost of the new lathe (Jet 1840EVS). Some successes and some...
  5. ERF_4560_Tamarind_Hollow_Form_E1.jpg

ERF_4560_Tamarind_Hollow_Form_E1.jpg

Working on becoming a better turner and justifying the cost of the new lathe. Spalted tamarind hollow form. Approx. 8" x 3.5".
  6. Sapele_Vase_200215.jpg

Sapele_Vase_200215.jpg

Working on becoming a better turner and justifying the cost of the new lathe. Sapele vase. Approx. 13" tall.
  7. Ed Fasano

HVLP Questions

I opted for a Fuji Spray Mini-Mite 3 several years ago. I ended up with the gravity feed gun option but can see pros and cons for both gravity and siphon feed. The optional whip hose is a must-have accessory. They should include it with the system, but I suppose that they want to keep the base...
  8. Ed Fasano

Overspray On Glasses Lenses

Lacquer thinner will very probably affect surface coatings.
  9. Ed Fasano

Is a Byrd Shellix cutterhead worth the money?

My original post (which I have now edited), suggested that my next planer might be another similar Delta. For the record, that is unlikely, unless I can find a nice 13 or 15" Delta/Invicta. It's more likely though that I'll end up with a Dewalt 735.
  10. Ed Fasano

Is a Byrd Shellix cutterhead worth the money?

I can’t speak directly to a Byrd head in a planer, but… My wife surprised me with a used Delta 37-220 6” jointer in 1988. It was vintage when she found it and it’s more vintager now. With a front-end mounted fence, its footprint is considerably narrower than jointers with fence mechanisms that...
  11. Ed Fasano

Shop furniture--chisel chest

Outstanding!
  12. Ed Fasano

mystery accessory ?

I am reasonably certain that it's part of a Veritas router table fence fine adjustment system.
  13. Ed Fasano

Favorite (and Unfavorite) Brand Saw Blades

I've used a Forrest WW II combination blade for over 25 years, but very recently switched to a Freud Fusion. Reason... dissatisfied with Forrest service. My blade was no longer flat and they claimed to have flattened it and charged me for the service. That was not the case, so... I am very...
  14. Ed Fasano

Finishing poplar

The only problem with stained poplar is the fact that it looks like stained poplar. As such... +1 on clear coat or paint.
  15. Ed Fasano

Buying a bandsaw

And as it happens: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/518448052153258/ A classic Delta 14" cast iron frame clone that appears to be in very good shape. The price seems right for what the pictures can say. I've seen them priced lower, generally in more questionable condition. I've seen...
  16. Ed Fasano

Buying a bandsaw

Wow! This thread really got a lot of juices flowing! Interesting and fun to follow. In any case and if it matters to Charles H (or anyone else for that matter), Grizzly's business must be suffering from Covid-19. Not surprising I suppose. They've slashed shipping on all machinery to just $25...
  17. Ed Fasano

Buying a bandsaw

In his last post, he spoke of Porter Cable and Grizzly machines, both of which were in the $570 range. He was also considering adding the Lowes extended service coverage option to the Porter cable, which would have elevated that machine to $699. Knowing (first hand*) that Jet, Laguna and Rikon...
  18. Ed Fasano

Buying a bandsaw

Don't over-fret the wheel alingmnet issue. It's a rare occurrence. Moreover, I can attest to the fact that this site has a lot of experts lurking around who are eager to assist with issues of nearly any nature. To be clear though, I am a user of this expertise, not a provider. I share more...
  19. Ed Fasano

Water base polyurethane

I'm a General Finishes fan. I've sprayed, brushed and wiped various GF offerings. Of late, I've used (sprayed) Euro-Var on several projects. I don't know how it fairs when applied in a conventional manner. For that matter, I don't know if it can be applied in a conventional manner. While off...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS