Search results

1. M

New from Cherryville

Welcome to the forum
  2. M

Another price question

I used to listen to a podcast called "Made for Profit" by Jon Malecki and Brad Rodriguez. Episodes 11, 12, and 13 covered pricing your work. They also created a pricing guide that can be found here.
  3. M

Padauk and Curly Maple

Adding to what Fishbucket said, a few sets of wooden cauls will help you keep everything flat during glue-up
  4. M

Mini-split installation

A friend of mine has used two (one 220v, the other 110V), to cool the place that he rents, for close to 10 years, if not more. I can't tell you the BTU rating of either, but they keep the 750-800 sqft house at 72-73F, without appearing to be overworked. He had to replace the big one a year ago...
  5. M

Padauk and Curly Maple

I'm a hand tool guy, but I've played a bit with padauk (never again, by hand). It's not impossible to work, but you can't treat it like cherry. Paduck is hard, dense, and somewhat brittle, which can lead to tear out. Reversing grain is also something to be aware of. If you're tearout is too...
  6. M

Padauk and Curly Maple

That's not what was asked
  7. M

Finishing poplar with dye and gel stain

@Graywolf Can you chime in?
  8. M

Spalted maple stain options

This is General Finishes Java Gel Stain, which I'd say is too dark
  9. M

Elia Bizzarri Drawknife Class

If anyone is interested, Elia Bizzarri, a chairmaker in Hillsborough, is having a Zoom class on drawknives this Saturday, Aug. 1, 2020. Since it's his first online class, the cost is whatever you wish to "donate," plus sales tax. http://handtoolwoodworking.com/drawknives-my-first-online-class/
  10. M

Shop Cabinets

Nice job!
  11. M

Source for 20' 2x8s ?

Hedgecock Builders Supply in Walnut Cove, says they stock 2x8 spruce in 18' lengths. It's about an hour west of you. I've never bought anything from them, but I know people who have. https://hedgecockbuilderssupply.com/lumber-boards/
  12. M

Oversized TV Tray made from walnut with inlays.

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing
  13. M

New to woodworking, need some guidance (after a rambling background story) of end table wood choices

They're only open on Tues., Thurs, and Sat., but you can go on other days if you call and make an appointment
  14. M

One thing leads to another (Final pictures)...

Wow! That turned out great
  15. M

New to woodworking, need some guidance (after a rambling background story) of end table wood choices

Pick a relatively tough hardwood, with a color that will fit into its future surroundings (unless you're planning on applying a stain), that falls within your budget. Keep in mind that live edge slabs are typically more expensive than sawn boards of the same thickness. When I was at GPS...
  16. M

Progress on rocking chair

Job's a good one, Mike
  17. M

Vises or Vices?

Check out this thread for the crisscross that @pop-pop made: https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/sliding-leg-vise-with-x-cross.70066
  18. M

Finished my new Moravian workbench

Do power tool woodworkers do this, or is just us hand tool users?
  19. M

Clamps needed to borrow/rent

Check out this video. You might be able to use what you already have

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS