Search results

1. J

Adirondack Chairs

Sorry about that. Something weird happened. A little while ago when I saw this post it didn't go to 11 posts. When I went back in I couldn't even find this thread. After searching for it I found it and inquired not realizing there were more posts. I've never seen this issue.
  2. J

Adirondack Chairs

Can you tell us where you found cypress ? Thanks in advance
  3. J

The death of my first friend, my dad

Richard, so sorry for your loss. My dad has too passed and he was my fishing & hunting buddy and too introduced me to woodworking among many other things that are valuable to life. I'm glad you had a great relationship with your father and will have lasting memories. Proverbs 22:6 sums it up well
  4. J

Knew Concepts fret saw blades (not coping saw)?

Yep I reviewed these but wanted input from those w/ experience. In the end I ordered these a few minutes ago off Amazon for $10-11 for 2 dozen along w/ the Knew Concepts 5" Mk IV Thanks for all the help !
  5. J

Many thanks for your feedback ! It also follows along well with a video and demo I found from David Barron last night and he did call out the #7 blades for the Knew Concepts fret saw.
  6. J

SOLVED: Help needed moving 20" planer in Winston Salem

Building a gantry crane using 4x4’s and a 4x6 across the top where you buy a Harbor Freight chain hoist / block & tackle would be cheapest.... other than someone coming over to help. Also building your own you can take it apart to store in a shop corner for when you move one day or some other...
  7. J

Sorry should’ve mentioned. Looking for blades for normal clearing of waste from dovetails, bridle joints etc.
  8. J

Hey, I've not really been able to find much researching what blades folks like best and why for the Knew Concepts fret saws (3", 5" or 8" Mk II or IV not their coping saw). Most of what I see says go with the Pegas brand and skip tooth but nothing really discussing which TPI 15 (which it comes...
  9. J

Delivery of 20”planer

No just a valid driver license and be at least 18 yrs old. Unless you're talking about the big rig version. I'm just talking about the under 26ft versions.
  10. J

Delivery of 20”planer

Another thought if you're able to back up to your door is to rent a Penske truck w/ a lift gate (those handle ~ 2500 lbs). I just saw this on Bent's Woodworking new video where he's moving. This will be the route I go in the future if I travel to pick up machinery from another state. The...
  11. J

Delivery of 20”planer

:cool: wonderful machine
  12. J

Delivery of 20”planer

Great topic as I've been thinking about this a lot lately for my future shop where I have planned on getting 20" planer, 12" jointer, big table saw, etc. I've driven a trailer to the UPS terminal dock and they'll load it onto your trailer via fork lift. Then back into the garage where you have a...
  13. J

Need a good finish for cypress adirondack chairs that I can spray

Agreed. I'd go unfinished as well unless you do not like the grey patina and do like on-going maintenance. To keep it from greying out you'll have to keep a UV blocking film finish maintained or paint it where then you won't see the beauty of the wood. I have a cypress adirondack that I got as a...
  14. J

Planing board w/ changing grain direction

this was another idea I’ve been wondering about. Veritas LAJP came with the 25deg blade. Would you recommend jumping to the 50 deg first ?
  15. J

Just saw this timely video as well
  16. J

Nice solution. Did you just buy an old plane and fix it up just for this or did you buy a replacement blade and chip break and modify it for this or did you just buy Rob's set up he sell's ?
  17. J

Perfect thanks ! I tried the card scraper after posting this and it helped for sure but I didn't think to start in the middle of the knot. It still felt a little rough even though I had good shavings. Is this simply where sanding has to come into play ?
  18. J

I’m trying to true up a piece of birch for practicing hand cut joinery and just wanted to plane the edge grain for the heck of it to make it feel smooth. In doing so I noticed the grain goes from uphill to downhill on the same face due to a knot on the board’s face. I’ve tried a Stanley #4...
  19. J

Harvey Woodworking Machinery

Anyone familiar with this brand ? Just recently heard about them and noticed there's a dealer in NC at the wood working school referenced on this site. Looks like they're trying to compete somewhat with Grizzly due to the option to buy direct & some of their pricing on certain tool lines...
  20. J

Ignorance

Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS