Search results

1. redknife

SawStop injury

Sorry to hear about your accident, Jim. Wishing you a seemless recovery.
  2. redknife

Indexing jig for mortiser

Nice jig idea and great work. Thanks for sharing.
  3. redknife

Hollow Chisel Mortiser or Domino Jointer

I have both and use them differently. For solid furniture joinery, I prefer the mortiser and table saw tenoning jig. I enjoy the build and solid feel of a mortise and tenon joint. I use the Domino more frequently. If I had to give one up, I’d give up the mortiser and make mortises any number of...
  4. redknife

Drum sanders, Jet, performax et al....

Chris, are you using something like this? (Rubber sander cleaner) https://www.amazon.com/Cleaning-Eraser-Stick-Abrasive-Sanding/dp/B000H69U7Q i have an open end Supermax and use the cleaner after each day’s use. It refreshes the sandpaper. If you are already doing that, I have nothing to add...
  5. redknife

Remote Start or Switch on Wall etc. for Dust Collection.

This has worked for me: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001Q9EFUK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  6. redknife

Jeremy Finison (jfynyson)

Spelling issue? I typed jfyn... and he popped up.
  7. redknife

An amateur builds a kitchen...

Nice work, George. Look forward to the next installment.
  8. redknife

White cabinet doors.

Aqua-coat grain filler is an option. It is generally easy to apply a few layers, although scaled to 20 doors may be more onerous than other options mentioned. I’ve used it for smaller projects. I would envision mdf center panel and aqua-coat treatment of frames.
  9. redknife

Finally Done

Great job
  10. redknife

Beginning Young Woodworker in NC

Welcome, James.
  11. redknife

Misaligned holes in tile for shower enclosure

Schluter’s Kerdi-fix would be a great choice.
  12. redknife

Maple and Walnut chest of drawers

Wow, beautiful
  13. redknife

WTB - Quiet compressor advice

Eric Schmidt of HF has said that they are working on a major overhaul for parts availability and serviceability. Hopefully that will translate for the Fortress. Good luck.
  14. redknife

WTB - Quiet compressor advice

I have about 2 years on my CAT compressor. I haven’t had any problems and my single call to tech support was answered right away.
  15. redknife

Stair rail configuration help

Jim- You are right about the distance between the two rails. I might try your stepped approach. Until I get done installing new rails and returns, it might not be much extra work to wrap around for a continuous rail. I'll have to decide. Charley, I'll use my local lumber yard, Caudell Lumber...
  16. redknife

Lovingly Remembered

I’m so sorry for your loss, Phil.
  17. redknife

Dave, thanks for the rendering. The elevation change from the mid landing step needs to be accounted for. Either the short cross piece would have to be slanted or there would have to be a short vertical section. Another way to express that is that the (walking path distance)/(rail distance) is...
  18. redknife

Regarding code, I’m up to speed as the work will be inspected. For thread reference, IRC 2018 chapter 3 link: Welcome | ICC premiumACCESS scroll to section 311.7 if interested. Your local enforcement and/or code version may vary. I’ll look at those parts again, Charley. I have been mentally...
  19. redknife

Thanks, Bob and Joe. With the 180 degree turn around the wall, it seemed like there’d have to be two upturns in close proximity which would be clunky. I could leave a gap, but I personally have trouble with the step on the landing without something to grab. The outside wall has the half wall...
  20. redknife

I am looking for advice on how to configure a continuous handrail on the inside of a "U-shaped" stairway. We are coming toward the end of a basement gut and remodel. Elder guests stay downstairs. They and I could use something to grab around the corner. Below are pics of the present state. The...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS