Search results

1. sawman101

Not a Saw Stop

Did some experimenting on my Jet SS10 table saw. Used my right thumb to test how fast the blade would stop, and my theory proved correct. Looks like a long night in the ER. Not too bad though, I don’t mean my thumb. Got a big cup of coffee to pacify me.
  2. sawman101

4000!

I'm celebrating by indulging in another cup of coffee! This is my 4000th post in the forum, but even with CrealBilly in a semi-retired state from the forum, I'll never catch that boy--and speaking of Jeff, I do miss his wit and wisdom. With his homesteading activities in southern Illinois these...
  3. sawman101

KLINGSPORS FACEBOOK LIVE

Just finished watching the very first KLINGSPORS LIVE FACEBOOK BROADCAST. It was very informative and enjoyable as Mike and Chris from the Hickory store demonstrated how to wrap the drum on a drum sander, discussed grits and length of rolls, and demonstrated a jig that Chris made to give the...
  4. sawman101

A BIG SHOUT OUT TO ETHAN!

It's been a long, long time since we've heard from a really great member of NCWW, Ethan Poole. I know he has some very debilitating health problems, but I just want to send greetings to Ethan, let him know he is missed, as well as all the wisdom he shared here, and wish him well. So here's to...
  5. sawman101

SCROLLERS MEETINGS CANCELLED

I guess I'm jumping onto the hysteria bandwagon, but in view of the uncertainty of the over-hyped coronavirus, meetings of THE SCROLL SAW CLUB OF THE FOOTHILLS are canceled until things are under control. Many of our members are in that risky age factor class, and none of us wants to see any...
  6. sawman101

PHENOLIC ADHESIVES?

Before I start cutting and making some jigs from 1/2" phenolic, what adhesives if any, have any of you used with phenolic? CA is the only adhesive I have on hand that will work, but I'm leary of using it on larger applications. Also, I still have a number of sheets of 1/2" phenolic to sell...
  7. sawman101

SCROLL SAW CLUB OF THE FOOTHILLS MEETING

The February meeting of THE SCROLL SAW CLUB OF THE FOOTHILLS will meet tomorrow, February 1, at 10:00 a.m. in the breakroom of Klingspors Woodworking Shop in Hickory. Please plan to join us! Bring anything you've made or want to share about for Show And Tell. See you there!
  8. sawman101

ADDING TO MY COLLECTION TODAY!

Well, this is it, the day I get add another piece to my growing collection--of body parts. Having hip replacement surgery on the left hind leg! That will make my collection 1 knee and 2 hips. I'm on a roll! Figure I'll go to town and upgrade my birth certificate next week, if I can find someone...
  9. sawman101

NEW WORKSHOP IDEA?

Saw Tri4Sale's query about 3D printers, and it got me to thinking; I'm sure there are many of us that are curious enough about 3D printers and what they are, what they can do, and would one be practical in any of our shops. Perhaps someone on here has a 3D printer that would like to hold a...
  10. sawman101

2020 MID WINTER BLAHS PICNIC CANCELLED

I wish I didn't have to post this, but due to a lack of leadership, the 2020 Mid Winter Blahs Picnic is cancelled. Hopefully someone will step up next year and organize this event. I am having hip replacement surgery next week, and will not be physically able to lead this year's event. Thank you...
  11. sawman101

SCROLL SAW CLUB OF THE FOOTHILLS, January meeting

The SCROLL SAW CLUB OF THE FOOTHILLS met this morning at Klingspors in Hickory; there were 11 folks present today. A lengthy discussion about what each one of us would like to see our club do this year. It was decided we should try to have demonstrations of different techniques and ways to...
  12. sawman101

HAPPY GNU YEAR everybody! The SCROLL SAW CLUB OF THE FOOTHILLS will start the New Year by meeting this next Saturday morning at 930, at the Klingspors Woodworking Store in Hickory. We will most likely meet in the breakroom as there is activities in the regular meeting area. This is a totally...
  13. sawman101

MID WINTER BLAHS PICNIC 2020

As I announced at the last Picnic in February, I was, and am retired from heading up this event. I am having my left hip replaced in about 3 weeks, and won't be able to do much more than help a little get it headed in the right direction if need be. Adam, (allisnut) and his family have been a...
  14. sawman101

Christmas Commission

These are Wall Hanging Grandfather Clocks. The top one is made from black walnut and was commissioned as a Present for her son. I worked hard and long hours to complete it and make it as perfect possible. Worked on it all day and up to 11:00 at night to complete it for Christmas. I called the...
  15. sawman101

A VETERANS DAY SALUTE TO ALL VETERANS

I want to raise my hand in a salute to all veterans everywhere today. No matter where thay served, whether in the U.S., overseas, in the combat zone, or in supporting roles, everyone of them took the same oath, to defend the Constitution of the United States Of America, even at the cost of their...
  16. sawman101

The new SCROLL SAW CLUB OF THE FOOTHILLS met Saturday, October 5 at Klingspors Woodworking Shop in Hickory. There was a noticeable echo in the room due to a poor turnout. I unveiled our new banner, and accompanying business cards. We will have a booth at the Extravaganza, and the promise of...
  17. sawman101

THE SCROLL SAW CLUB OF THE FOOTHILLS MEETYING

The new Scroll Saw Club Of The Foothills (the name wasn't my idea, I take no credit for it) will meet at 10: a.m. Saturday morning, October 5 at Klingspors Woodworking Shop, 856 21st Street Dr SE, Hickory, NC 28602. This group is for anyone, any age, that is interested in learning about...
  18. sawman101

SCROLL SAW CLUB OF THE FOOTHILLS

Saturday October 5, six folks met at Klingspors Woodworking Shop in Hickory. Our goal was to form a new club promoting, educating, and using scroll saws in woodworking. We enjoyed a very lively and friendly conversation about what we hoped for the club to become and do in the future. Things we...
  19. sawman101

SCROLL SAW CLUB MEETING TOMORROW

Saturday, September 7 at 10:00 a.m., a meeting will be held at Klingspors Woodworking Shop, 856 21st Street Drive SE, Hickory NC. This is a meeting to discuss beginning a scroll saw club for the Western Carolinas. Fill up your coffee cups and let's enjoy some time talking about scrolling etc...
  20. sawman101

PHENOLIC MATERIAL--LARGE SHEETS AND CUTOFFS

Earlier today, I moved most of my inventory of Phenolic Materials to Klingspors Woodworking Shop in Hickory. Coleman very graciously agreed to take it all on consignment, so in a few short weeks, you should be able to buy sheets or cut-offs. There are also several sheets of 3/4"x 24"x36"+ that...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS