Search results

1. J

Dewalt DW618 Kit for Sale

I have a Dewalt DW618 plunge router kit (case, plunge base, fixed base, extra base plates and case) for sale. It is seldom used and I have a smaller router so this one needs to go. Comes with the 1/4" and 1/4" collets. I'd prefer not to ship this big case. Price is $130 or thereabouts.....:)
  2. J

Circular Saw Dust Collection

I second UncleJoe's comment!! I too fell for that scheme. First a FT track saw...then NEEDED the FT vacuum, and then the domino joiner. Now I hope Santa is brining me a FT oribital finish sander! Damn Festool and their quality tools!
  3. J

Festool Track Saw and Metric Scale on FT joiner

From what I understand, there are two models of the FT track saw...one made for the US market (with imperial scale) and one for the rest of the world (metric). Some time ago, before the two models, FT supplied a sticker to place over the metric scale to "convert" to imperial. The track saw...
  4. J

Shrinking Drum on Grizzly Oscillating Spindle Sander

Klingspor makes a 4 1/2" wide adhesive backed paper in various grits that comes in rolls. Perfect! That saved be some dough..thank you.
  5. J

ahhhh...great idea! Thanks! That is why I love this forum....
  6. J

I have a Grizzly OS sander about two years old, and infrequently used. I noticed that my 3" rubber drum has shrunk and hardened to the point that the sanding sleeve slides around on the drum, no matter how hard I crank down the nut on the spindle. I contacted Grizzly about this and the basic...
  7. J

What does this mean? (from the Festool Domino manual)

Thank you all very much!
  8. J

New Member from Sherrills Ford

Howdy from Catawba County! Having recently retired from my second job as an investigator with a major bank (first was with the US Dept of Homeland Security Investigations-formerly US Customs Service), I have a bit more time to spend playing in my workshop. I did open a small private...
  9. J

"This connection is not private..."

I have the same issue with my Mac running Catalina. Websites prove their identity with certificates. This may have something to do with the website certificate and not your Mac. That's about I know...I just skip the warning and continue onto the site.
  10. J

The butterfly effect

I hear you on that clutter avoidance thing! In my case, not only does dust collect there, the spiders have a field day quickly! I have never seen so many spiders just stroll in like they own the place. They are not the biting kind, just those annoying long legged very thin kind that make webs...
  11. J

What does this mean? (from the Festool Domino manual)

I may just be a bit "slower" than the average guy, but I am trying to learn to use my new Festool Domino Joiner by making some cabinet cases, and this is quoted in the Festool supplemental manual: Because the mortises are registered from the base of the Domino (fixed 10 mm distance), the...
  12. J

hmmmm...I just may try that Phil. Thanks Donn...I think I just traded one job for another, although this time I work when I want to (started my own small part time company). No more driving down into the BIG city to do the corporate grind, I was up at Klingspor's Extravaganza on Friday and...
  13. J

If President Carter would have had his way, we'd all be on the metric system now! :)
  14. J

Just used my retirement gift (gift card to Klingspors) to pick up a Festool track saw. That is the BEST tool I have ever owed...I wish I had purchased that earlier. It makes breaking down large sheets of BB plywood a breeze. My next tool target is a Festool domino joiner. I kinds of...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS