Updated Chat software

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
We have a new version of our Chat software, which floats as a blue icon at the bottom right of your screen.
1680033484607.png

When you first open it, you may see the following message:
1680033557340.png

Clicking the icon, you will see Users Online and Chat Rooms
1680033701228.png

The General Chat room will be used for the Sunday morning chats (which are informal, any number of topics are discussed).
1680033800690.png

Click on the highlighted icon to see the members in the chat room:
1680033978873.png

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I know the older version had the option to minimize the bar at the bottom of the screen. That version is not compatible with the new host we have migrated to, and we had to purchase a newer version.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
It does not seem to work for me - I was able to chat with Neal when he initiated the chat, but I cannot see who is on-line nor search for someone on-line to chat with.
I wonder if it is because I am at work and there is some restrictive IT magic going on in the background???
1680091681138.png

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have posted on their forum about some inconsistencies I am seeing. For example, my MacBook has the icon when I use Safari, but not Chrome. My Windows laptop, I see it in both Chrome and Edge. I also see it on my Android tablet, but not my Android phone.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I just tried the chat and I can't make it do anything? Should I be able to search for a user? Should I be able to click on the <Chat Rooms> side? The "Chat" window opens, but nothing else happens. Is this because there's nobody else in the chat room?

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
With the old chat, nothing happened if no one else was in the room. I assumed that this is the same. So maybe see you Sunday morning during regular chat time?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
On my iPad, I can see the blue bubble, it has a red dot with zero inside.
When I try to click nothing happens. Nothing

Same on my iPhone.

it was working last night, I thought?

Rick Mainhart

Rick
Corporate Member
Hi Neal,

Search feature broken. Didn't find anything when I tried (both myself and Dee2 who is currently online as I type).
Chat Rooms selector does nothing. Chat remains showing Users Online.
Options tab does nothing.

Windows 7 Pro and Firefox 111.0.1 (64-bit).

Regards,

Rick

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Opening chat window and clicking on the "..." for options has no effect, running Chrome on Win 11.

waitup

New User
Matt
Also Chrome on Win 11 here and can open bubble but clicking any of the items within does nothing.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am opening a support ticket to see what is going on with this.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS