WTB: Cross Slide Vise

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looking for a 3" or 4" cross slide vise for a small job that I have coming up. I will need to mount the cross slide on a Delta drill press.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Gene, are you looking for something like this?
20230328_101345.jpg

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not sure if you can see this link,
but for $200 this one on FB MP is REALLY nice!

1680014423377.png

Positioning Table​

$200
Listed 2 days ago in Honea Path, SC

Last edited by a moderator:

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Saw that. And, the Northern Tools Wilton 4" version.

awldune

Sam
User
Out of curiosity, what job do you need the vise for? I have a junky HF vise and it is not at all reliable if you needed to drill accurate holes due to the backlash and coarse threads.

I guess it might be good if you need to mass produce something? Like, lock one axis, insert part, drill every 1.5 turns, repeat?

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
My needs have been addressed. Thank you all for the help.
Sam, ask me at the picnic about use.

Last edited:

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Out of curiosity, what job do you need the vise for? I have a junky HF vise and it is not at all reliable if you needed to drill accurate holes due to the backlash and coarse threads.

I guess it might be good if you need to mass produce something? Like, lock one axis, insert part, drill every 1.5 turns, repeat?
Here is one task that is hard to do another way: Drilling cross hole in a cylinder be it wood or metal. Here is how I locate one:
IMG_3889.JPG

The is the large HF vise and it is decent enough after adjusting the gibs and removing backlash here and there. I did add a handle to the clamp screw.
IMG_3890.JPG

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS