Router bit source Not Infinity

Kelly

Kelly
User
I have been buying router bits from Infinity tools. Lately, I have noticed that their quality and customer service has taken a dive. Really sad.
Although their bits are a little pricey, I used to think I was paying for quality and the company. I don’t see that anymore.
What brand do most of you guys use ?

Linc H

Linc
Corporate Member
I only use Whiteside router bits. They are a NC company (I try and support local) especially if the service and quality is great. Their bits come wrapped in a rubbery coating and their service is excellent. For example, I lost a set screw on one the roller bearings. I sent them an email asking if I could buy one and they sent a replacement for free. When some team member at Whiteside takes the time to get a set screw tape it to card stock put it into an envelop and send it. To me it is the little things that matter. The bit was unusable without that screw, so good for them for caring enough about the little things. I buy both 1/2" and 1/4" shanks all are excellent quality.

Echd

C
User
Whiteside is high quality and made here in NC.

For CNC bits Cadence manufacturing is american made and designed as well.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Klingsor's are very good. I also buy from Sommerfeld Tools. If i need something quick for a project I'll buy from MLCS

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
+1 on Whiteside. I recently bought a couple via Amazon, and they were delivered next day, so I’m assuming they came straight from Whiteside.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Most of my bits are MLCS. I do not like them for dovetail bits but all the others I've purchased have worked very well. I have purchased Whiteside and I think they are fine but not noticably any better. I also think Freud and CMT make good bits. MLCS is tops for me based upon quick delivery, good price, and good quality.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Once you jump from a big box or yellow Chinese wonder bits, the differences get smaller and smaller. Is Whiteside better than MLCS or CMT? I suspect differences are small and I don't have the experience to tell. My few "good" bits are MLCS.

I wonder if Infiinity service is due to some short term labor shortage. Let's hope as I had excellent service from them in the past.

Yelverton

Mitch
Corporate Member
Most of my bits are MLCS. I do not like them for dovetail bits but all the others I've purchased have worked very well. I have purchased Whiteside and I think they are fine but not noticably any better. I also think Freud and CMT make good bits. MLCS is tops for me based upon quick delivery, good price, and good quality.
Same here, I think the MLCS bits are a great balance of quality and price. They may not ultimately be as nice as the Whiteside bits, but they're much less expensive and I can't tell a difference in the results compared to a high-end bit.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Own a bunch of MLCS bits. Only one I was ever disappointed with was a 1/2" solid carbide up spiral bit. It wouldn't route a hole in half inch Baltic birch without setting off smoke alarm. I have another bit, same type, from the company that has an orange on their label, with which I have routed over a hundred holes in 1/2" Baltic birch ply. Used it recently to route mortises in hard maple table to reattach a leg. One of my MLCS bits, in a circle jig, cut half the head off a drywall screw, and still cuts good. Same bit was used to route a couple hundred feet of curved 3/4" plywood ribs for a curved desk I built for a local "Y" about 15 years ago. Eagle America bits are made by Whiteside, FYI.

RedBeard

Burns
Corporate Member
Mine are primarily Whiteside but do have a couple of Klingspor bits and have been good. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I believe they are made by Whiteside.

Robert LaPlaca

Robert
Senior User
By quantities of bits, Whiteside hands down, although I have plenty of Freud, Amana and CMT. Even have a few Jesada bits still kicking around, which was the predecessor company to Infinity..

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
+ another one for Whiteside. I‘ve also got a couple extra long bits (when WS didn’t have them) from Spe Tool (Amazon). So far they have been OK, but these are special low usage bits. It’s like when you need a 35mm wrench or socket for that one or two times you do a CV axle or something like that. You go to Harbor Freight instead of Snap-on.

Echd

C
User
+ another one for Whiteside. I‘ve also got a couple extra long bits (when WS didn’t have them) from Spe Tool (Amazon). So far they have been OK, but these are special low usage bits. It’s like when you need a 35mm wrench or socket for that one or two times you do a CVC axle or something like that. You go to Harbor Freight instead of Snap-on.

The spetool bits are a good value. I use their carbide bits for cnc work and I can't say I consider them markedly inferior to anyone else. They seem to last a long time.

InfinityCuttingTools

New User
Infinity Tools
I have been buying router bits from Infinity tools. Lately, I have noticed that their quality and customer service has taken a dive. Really sad.
Although their bits are a little pricey, I used to think I was paying for quality and the company. I don’t see that anymore.
What brand do most of you guys use ?
Thanks for your feedback. We do our best to make sure that any issues our customers experience are resolved in a timely manner and with the best service possible. Please contact us via email (support@infinitytools.com) or phone (877-USA-BITS) and we will gladly assist. Providing us with as much detail as possible will help getting you taken care of as swiftly as possible. Our business hours are M-F, 8:30-5pm E.T.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS