Wanted - Osage Orange

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Still have the stuff you saw and can sent it. Plus some more after we dry out a bit. It will fit in a flat rate box.

That looks like enough for only two chisels? Maybe I don’t have perspective, what is the width, thickness and length?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuthriell

Cuthriell
Senior User
The two are 14" long and enough for three each and the dark piece would be enough for two. I can reduce them to blank size to make sure the flaws are removed and I also have more outside. The dark piece is oxidized.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
The two are 14" long and enough for three each and the dark piece would be enough for two. I can reduce them to blank size to make sure the flaws are removed and I also have more outside. The dark piece is oxidized.

Great!
Now what do you want or need? MUST be a trade or ???

Hank Merkle
400 N. Silver Ridge Drive
Greer SC 29651

Thanks

AgingHippie

New User
Greg
I’ve got a piece from the late great Asheville Hardware. It must have cost me $45, ‘cause it still says that on the board.
A bit over 40” long, about 1-3/4 thick, and just under 7“ wide at the narrowest part of the heartwood. If you find yourself in Asheville, you can have it for the $45 I paid.

I’m guessing it was a consignment piece from “JF”. Maybe someone on the forum even knows who that is.

-Greg

2D57E8CC-8F79-494D-886A-764DC8320055.jpeg

9F9DA9E6-2514-45C5-921C-76551D5F5FDA.jpeg

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I’ve got a piece from the late great Asheville Hardware. It must have cost me $45, ‘cause it still says that on the board.
A bit over 40” long, about 1-3/4 thick, and just under 7“ wide at the narrowest part of the heartwood. If you find yourself in Asheville, you can have it for the $45 I paid.

I’m guessing it was a consignment piece from “JF”. Maybe someone on the forum even knows who that is.

-Greg

View attachment 207828

View attachment 207829

Cool!
Save it for me, I would like to look at it before I commit, but will likely take it off your hands!!

Hank

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member

-Greg

View attachment 207828

View attachment 207829

Can you pm me your cell phone, no knowing if I am on the site the same time as you

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will if I can figure out how. I’m a new member, so maybe not an option available to me?

No it isn’t available to you I’m driving right now so I’ll PM you later when I’m on my computer just take a look for it tonight or tomorrow morning if you would thanks

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
No it isn’t available to you I’m driving right now so I’ll PM you later when I’m on my computer just take a look for it tonight or tomorrow morning if you would thanks

I p.m.Ed you look in the upper right hand corner and you should see the button

gtrboy77

Dean
User

-Greg
Is Asheville Hardware not in business anymore?

iclark

Ivan
User
The recent Got Wood? email newsletter listed kiln-dried osage orange among their coming-next-month woods. It might be worth giving them a call and asking when it would be coming out of the kiln.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS