Over-The -Top Sanding supply cabinet!

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
About a week ago Jean and I decided to put drawer fronts on an old storage cabinet that had not been totally completed. It had lived for a while in a closet holding CD's (where it wasn't seen) and then repurposed in my shop for several years for cabinet hardware storage where no one cared. Continuing to turn the pages from cabinet making to contemporary furniture making, we decided to pack up the cabinet supplies and use the now empty cabinet for storing sanding supplies. So we took a notion to add drawer fronts. Using the techniques that we had learned while making the cheese boards, we made a "large cheese board" and then cut it up for our drawer fronts. Sometimes I think of it as the "why not?" solution. It makes us smile every time we look at it. Enjoy!
20210610_114536.jpg
20210610_114625.jpgIMG_1655.jpgIMG_1657.jpg

Last edited:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow, that's incredible. What do you do when you have to cover up a broken window, use the Mona Lisa? :)
It might be over the top, but for a woodworking shop, it's completely appropriate.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
You are thoroughly dysfunctional and have way too much time... :D ..... Looks Awesome !

llucas

luke
Senior User
Fantastic, artistic and yes...over the top. Just when I thought I was thoroughly impressed with the design, I noted the continuous "roller coaster" drawer pulls....You just had to add one more piece of eye candy! That is some talent there.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Wow, that's incredible. What do you do when you have to cover up a broken window, use the Mona Lisa? :)
It might be over the top, but for a woodworking shop, it's completely appropriate.
Thanks Bas. Your sense of humor is unparalleled.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS