Rules for the "For Sale / Wanted" forum.

FlyingRon

Ron
This forum section is for members to post personal woodworking-related items for sale (or offer to purchase). In order to post here, you must have User or higher status (i.e., not New User). If you don't see the "Post Thread" button, that is why. If you are unclear why you are still in New User status, look at the "Promotion Info" under your profile.

Posts here are for non-commercial single time sales. If you would like to advertise items for your business, contact the staff here.

Do not posts comments disparaging the listings here or quibbling on the price. Genuine questions or additional information on the item is permitted.

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
I like that only people who are actual participating members of the site can post for-sale ads. Unfortunately it seems that this just leads people who are just signing up to sell something to post their ads in inappropriate forums. Hopefully this sticky will curtail that?

FlyingRon

Ron
The criteria for getting to the "User" level is five posts and a posting in the "who-we-are" forum. So far, I've not found any real abuse. A few people have indeed signed up to get access to the for sale section, but most seem interested enough in the forum. The board is free to change the various user level requirements (we have done so in the past) to adapt to the behavior of the posters.

Oddly enough, the people who most inquire about access are those who HAVE been members for a while but haven't been on the board in 30 days. I timeout people who haven't visited in 30 days (this is much simpler than the rather cumbersome "visit frequency" we used to have) just to clean up people who have disappeared. If you return to the forum, you don't have to start over, just wait a day for the site to recognize you're back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
No charge, just post like you would in any other forum.

your status may take a day to update, this helps to keep some of the spammers at bay.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hi, I'm a member and would like to post my lathe in the classified's. Is there a charge for the listing and what steps do I need to do to post an item. Best regards, Harold Walsh.

Harold,
As you last logged in in 2013, your status is considered to be New. After the database processes tonight, your status will update and you will be allowed to post in that forum

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Ron for informing folks on what’s appropriate, its kind of a shame that folks need reminding.

harpone

New User
Harpone
This forum section is for members to post personal woodworking-related items for sale (or offer to purchase). In order to post here, you must have User or higher status (i.e., not New User). If you don't see the "Post Thread" button, that is why. If you are unclear why you are still in New User status, look at the "Promotion Info" under your profile.

Posts here are for non-commercial single time sales. If you would like to advertise items for your business, contact the staff here.

Do not posts comments disparaging the listings here or quibbling on the price. Genuine questions or additional information on the item is permitted.

harpone

New User
Harpone
I am trying to figure out how to post an ad for a free MLCS dovetail template I will never use. The Post Thread button is not showing, I guess because I haven't been in the website since January. Please advise.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am trying to figure out how to post an ad for a free MLCS dovetail template I will never use. The Post Thread button is not showing, I guess because I haven't been in the website since January. Please advise.
that is likely the problem - try again tomorrow as the system should (as a returning member) upgrade so you can post...

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Hello all,

I am new-ish to this site and I am not sure where to go.

I am trying to increase my "newbie" account to a "user (?)."

I have read that I need to make 5+ posts and write something in the "about me" forum but, I am not sure where that forum is, or how I access that forum.

Any help, direct url to the forum, etc., is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,

Rory

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome Rory,
That rule should be updated to match the new title of that forum.
Think it was changed when we upgraded software.

I changed the name in the third post of this thread to a link to the correct forum.

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hello all,

I am new-ish to this site and I am not sure where to go.

I am trying to increase my "newbie" account to a "user (?)."

I have read that I need to make 5+ posts and write something in the "about me" forum but, I am not sure where that forum is, or how I access that forum.

Any help, direct url to the forum, etc., is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,

Rory
Welcome Rory,
That rule should be updated to match the new title of that forum.
Think it was changed when we upgraded software.

I changed the name in the third post of this thread to a link to the correct forum.

I can tell you that the Board had a meeting this week and the entire meeting was about this subject. There is a small group working on drafting / updating the guidelines for all forum activity.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Mike,

Thank you...

I'll check out the link, you provided, and go from there.

I greatly appreciate your help & look forward to being a contributing user.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS