Big Clamp for a Song 12 x 30 F style

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
So, this guy has these 4 clamps and asks me "can you use some big clamps?" sure, what do you have? He has 4 big clamps just wants 20 bucks for them Bessey Clamps as well

OK Let me see them :oops: :oops::oops::):D I bought them- see attached

Attachments

• 12x30 clamp.jpg
    12x30 clamp.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 194

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
I have 2 big ones like that they were in a group I bought heavy as crap no idea what I would use them for lol

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Back in the day Wetzler used to make a much heavier version of that. size. They were big and awkward to store but when a woodworker needed to get gluing pressure deep inside something or work around components, they were the very size clamp needed.
A while back I made a little chest and I sure could have used eight of them (or at least four) when gluing in the side drawer rail. As it was, the C-clamps exerted enough pressure go get an acceptable squeeze out at the ends, but the middle area lacked the same squeeze out. Below shows where I would have loved to have used clamps of that capacity.

1    clampup - 1.jpg

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Keep in mind that they have a lot of leverage out at the end of the clamps, so tighten them carefully. Nice score, though.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
When I saw them, all I could think "you always need more clamps"

Besides. their a cool tool, and everyone knows you need more cool tools.

The one thing they will be good for, is stabilizing the center of cauls. They could be applied to prevent any unwanted potential bowing in the center

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
When I saw them, all I could think "you always need more clamps"

Besides. their a cool tool, and everyone knows you need more cool tools.

The one thing they will be good for, is stabilizing the center of cauls. They could be applied to prevent any unwanted potential bowing in the center

That's what I mostly use mine for.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS