I hate to give up on a saw but...

cskipper

Cathy
I just can't seem to keep a blade on this Pegas saw. I've tried everything shy of standing on my head trying to scroll or sprayed mystical water on it. For the life of me I cannot keep a blade in it for any length of time. I've adjusted the clamps, replaced the clamps, sanded parts, sanded blade ends, When I say not for any length of time I mean often less than an inch. The blade would slip and bend faster than I could stop it. So I would like to trade this virtually new saw.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Sounds very frustrating.
Have you contacted the manufacturer or retailer regarding this issue?

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
I have a rbi hawk and a dewalt love the dewalt some one in Mt airy is trying to sell dewalt

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Which clamp is not holding TOP or BOTTOM? Can you post a picture of the clamp that is failing?

Warren

Warren
Corporate Member
I had this issue with a DeWalt when new. The clamp screws were not installed correctly. After I corrected that, no more slipping. Not sure how how Pegas clamps compare to DeWalt, but folks use Pegas clamps to replace DeWalt's.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would most like a Hegner but certainly would consider others mid-high end saw..
I gat a rusty old craftsman.... LOL
Too bad you are having problems with the saw @cskipper did you go back to Pegas or who you bought the saw from to see if there is a known problem and if they can help or have a ready solution?

cskipper

Cathy
I did. They sent new clamps. Suggested sanding parts. No luck. I haven't talked to them recently - too much going on with John. Now the opening of the Farmer's Market (our main venue)
is approaching and I have very little to sell. Not the end of the world, might even be good for now.

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
I have the clamps off my dewalt and also new pegas clamps on the dewalt we can change and see if we can get it to work

cskipper

Cathy
Which clamp is not holding TOP or BOTTOM? Can you post a picture of the clamp that is failing?
Yes as to which - both, though when the top fails it is when tension is initially applied. I'll get pictures and try to figure out how to post them.

cskipper

Cathy
I have the clamps off my dewalt and also new pegas clamps on the dewalt we can change and see if we can get it to work
Thank you. I believe the clamps they made for the Dewalt are specific to that saw and "won't work on other saws".

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
My pop Bruce Swanson is a pretty sharp repairman may ask him to look at it
not sure who was in short pants when the other party was learning scrolling... maybe with the skipper's and Swanson it would be a tie?! LOL

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS