Sketchup Question

wsrhue

wyattspeightrhue
User
I'm having problems Printing to scale for accurate templates. My parts are small enough to fit on a 8 1/2" x 14" piece of paper. So in Sketchup, I have arranged the pieces inside of a 8 1/2" x 14" rectangle. I adjust the window so just the scene I want printed is showing. Parallel projection, top view, page setup scale 100%, doc setup 1" to 1". In theory It should all print on one 8 1/2" x 14" piece of paper. Each time I try they all come out a little over sized, and never the same. Even though the shapes are really simple, often it seems like it's too much for my computer to handle. Am I missing something? Am I approaching this the wrong way? Is there an extension that would help?

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
I'm having problems Printing to scale for accurate templates. My parts are small enough to fit on a 8 1/2" x 14" piece of paper. So in Sketchup, I have arranged the pieces inside of a 8 1/2" x 14" rectangle. I adjust the window so just the scene I want printed is showing. Parallel projection, top view, page setup scale 100%, doc setup 1" to 1". In theory It should all print on one 8 1/2" x 14" piece of paper. Each time I try they all come out a little over sized, and never the same. Even though the shapes are really simple, often it seems like it's too much for my computer to handle. Am I missing something? Am I approaching this the wrong way? Is there an extension that would help?
Many printers have margins they won’t print into. Sometimes the margins can be set to 0. I’d recommend first doing what your doing into an 8 x 13-1/2 rectangle and see if that helps.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS