Corkscrew Willow

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Garbage for firewood. It will burn fine and make light but little heat.
I have made a couple of boxes with it, you can turn it and use it as accent, the the lumber has a boring grain IMHO and the color is large swaths in also pretty bland looking.
It is about 30% harder than Basswood, but 20% softer than Pine. It can make a handle because of the flexible nature of the wood. My dad once put a willow limb on my mom's broom But I would not use it for fire wood unless you just need light.

Last edited:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
[QUOTE="Oka, It can make a handle because of the flexible nature of the wood. My dad once put a willow limb on my mom's broom But I would not use it for fire wood unless you just need light.
[/QUOTE]
I need some for my wife's broom. How does it fly? :p

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
....... Like they say a girl trades in her angel wings for a broom when she grows up..... :oops::D

You might find out if she reads your post!
[/QUOTE]
I SURE ain't telling her that!!!

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Talking about flying off the handle. Man you could never imagine were a thread might go around here. I thought they most always ended with food. So how does corkscrew Willow do for smoking meats?

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
That I do not know. I do know it was the preferred limb to roast trout. We would go fishing and my dad only used willow branches to hold the trout amnd we would attach with stainless wire wrapping the fish to the spit.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS