Bridge City Angle master 1

Strom

New User
Strom
I just know there is someone here who has this tool and can actually use it?! I acquired one when I was making angled stools thinking it would help. Nope. I have read and reread the one paragraph instructions to no avail. I am going to sell it if I can't figure it out. Someone please show me up and tell me how easy it is. Thanks Strom

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Starrett vernier bevel protractor. Much easier to use and 1/12 degree accuracy is apparently precise enough for machine work. Wood is more forgiving. I use this to set my table saw and have perfect miters.

Strom

New User
Strom
Is this the tool?
That’s what comes up when you google it. It’s not the one I have and I would not want one of these. I will try to post a photo.
I am a tool junkie but I learned my lesson with this gadget. Never buy a tool you can’t use without the manual In your other hand. Thanks for the reply.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
looks like it would be fun to make the tool, but I do not know why you need such accuracy with wood. Just cut a piece of wood and leave it for a week. It will have moved some maybe not much. Either way still a cool tool ;)

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
That video on the Pro AM model was amazing. Very long on theory and very short on demonstrated application.
Wow.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
looks like it would be fun to make the tool, but I do not know why you need such accuracy with wood. Just cut a piece of wood and leave it for a week. It will have moved some maybe not much. Either way still a cool tool ;)
If it is so accurate why did he have to stick tape on his angle blocks to make them work?

• Haha
Reactions: Oka

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I found the version 1 and it looks much simpler but looks like it may use a micrometer and tables to use also.

Strom

New User
Strom
I found the version 1 and it looks much simpler but looks like it may use a micrometer and tables to use also.
You’re correct. There are two reference books containing angles . The you use some precise measuring tool to arrive at ?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
You’re correct. There are two reference books containing angles . The you use some precise measuring tool to arrive at ?
Yes, it looks to me like you use digital or dial caliper to measure the two fixed studs near the vertex of the angle. Then it looks like the other two studs are adjustable for a wider range of angles.

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
Overengineered you say? These are the same folks that are selling a $250 chopstick planing jig.:D

Sstrave

New User
SteveC
Hi Strom, Steve here. I just picked up the AM-1 at a flea market. Do you know where I can get a copy of the Reference Manual for it?

Many thanks and happy sawing.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS