Anybody use the TSO GRS16 track square?

llucas

luke
Senior User
I've been putting off getting a track saw forever, but a recent bout of back probs and need to break down some sheet goods pushed me over the edge...besides, Hank has been gloating about his track set up lately.
Part of my desires is to create perfectly "square" corners without the need to go to the table saw. Like many of us, I previously would do a rough breakdown and then take the smaller pieces to the table saw for final dimensions.
TSO sells a square for the track (TSO GRS16) that looks pretty good, but darn pricey.
Anybody doing cabinet final cuts on sheet goods who can comment on the accuracy of using this thing to eliminate going to the table saw?

JSJ

Jeff
Corporate Member
I have used the GRS16 from TSO for about one year. In conjunction with the Festool track saw and tracks, it assists in making very accurate and exactly square cuts in plywood each and every time! Pricey, but it really helped my cabinet making tremendously.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Dang, that's pricey.

GRS-16

1608130712182.png

llucas

luke
Senior User
Well, thanks for all the replies...looks like it gets a very favorable review...so I pulled the trigger and gave myself an early Christmas present. Like the commercial says "I have been a pretty good boy this year". But that's just my opinion.

llucas

luke
Senior User
yep...those parents from the Toronto Symphony Orchestra gave it a good try. Must be hard to laugh and play the french horn at the same time.

wghatcher

Greg
Senior User
I currently have the woodpeckers version. Looks like I have an early version as their website now shows an adjustable one that seems to register off the side of the rail like the TSO. For me, I like the TSO option to have a guide on each side. Seems that I have a tendancy to slip a little making the cut, and my cuts are not always perfect. I would also like the feature to square up based on the side rails that TSO and it seems the newer Woodpeckers version has.

llucas

luke
Senior User
It seems there are several good options. I will post my success (or not ) as soon as I get into my next project.
Thanks for all the replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS