Dresser-Bed Complete

BKHam

Bradley
User
i've posted some progress shots on the case build so i'll not rehash those. you can find that here: https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/bed-with-integrated-dresser-progress.70891/

This is definitely a kid's bed and is pretty low. its a great play table for my daughter.

I wanted to have the seamless look so to get hte grain to continue from the drawer fronts to the doors, i used plywood for the doors and my vac bag to glue it. the back panel is a frame and panel with veneered 1/4 inch ply. The rest is solid wood.

a couple of fun features for my daughter and some added interest for me during the build, some secret compartments. a flip out drawer, false back, false bottom, and a shallow shelf at top of one of hte compartments. aromatic cedar closet liners for drawer bottoms.

DSC00716.JPG
DSC00719.JPG

DSC00727.JPG
DSC00728.JPG

DSC00729.JPG
20201025_073342.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00731.JPG
    DSC00731.JPG
    438.5 KB · Views: 99

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
I love that.

While I enjoy making dovetails, I've always been too scared to show them in casework (doing half blinds instead). These look great. I need to be more bold with this stuff.

BKHam

Bradley
User
I love that.

While I enjoy making dovetails, I've always been too scared to show them in casework (doing half blinds instead). These look great. I need to be more bold with this stuff.

i'm not a huge fan of the actual making of halfblinds or i'd incorporate them more. i think it actually takes some bravado to do half blinds on a case....do all that work and not show it off. that is bold in my book.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Excellent work. I love the dovetails and the hidden features, as well as the matched grain all across the front.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Beautiful work, with some fun features!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS