Cutting board

ncfromnc

New User
neil
How big and what does he mean by "really nice"? Does he intend to use the board in his kitchen or use it for display?

Personally I don't think that end grain cutting boards are worth the time and effort to make. A face grain board will hold up about as well with proper care. Here are a few types of boards.

They are definatley worth the time and effort.......I can sell an end grain cutting board for three times the cost of a flat grain cutting board. End grain is aboslutely superior to face grain in every way. They will hold up far better than face grain and are much easier on your knives. End grain absorbs bacteria from the surface and renders it dead way more than flat grain. Much more sanitary than any plastic or glass cutting board. Also, a flat grain board is more likely to warp than an end grain board. Just have no idea why anyone would think a face grain board is superior to end grain.....it's not even close.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
They are definatley worth the time and effort.......I can sell an end grain cutting board for three times the cost of a flat grain cutting board. End grain is aboslutely superior to face grain in every way. They will hold up far better than face grain and are much easier on your knives. End grain absorbs bacteria from the surface and renders it dead way more than flat grain. Much more sanitary than any plastic or glass cutting board. Also, a flat grain board is more likely to warp than an end grain board. Just have no idea why anyone would think a face grain board is superior to end grain.....it's not even close.

Ok, that's your opinion. Cutting boards and knives are expendable!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS