Sliding hinge ??

Strom

New User
Strom
I have a pull out trash can under my island. You have to open the door and then pull out the can which is on a REV a shelf pull out. I want some type of mechanism that will pull out the can when i open the door and push it back when the door is closed. I have a vague idea but some of you engineers can solve this pronto. Thanks

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
If I understand correctly, you are looking for a glide with the hinge integral (attached to the glide. So, when it is fully extended the hinge can then articulate.

The sell them, I have seen them, not sure what they call them. But, it is a sold and available product.

Strom

New User
Strom
Its in my head I just can't describe it . Just a rod to pull out the can and then push it back in.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
What Matt posted above is what is typically (or at least what I have seen) done in new installs. A retrofit on an existing hinged door? I can't help, but agree that it can be done. I expect you would need two mechanisms (one drawer slide in addition to the door attached mechanism) because one linked to the door swing would likely only come out as far as the door swings (depends how wide the door is). The ad of the pull out shelf is that they can extend out enough to access two cans in there.

Strom

New User
Strom
Thanks for all the replies. I think I am going to use the extension slide. Answers my problem and requires the least modification. I really like the dovetailed drawer!

Skymaster

New User
Jack
it is on a set of slides at base,door gets screwed to the unit so when closed looks like everything else, whatever the slide are they are more than enough to have the full can outside the cabinet frame

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
1600266537598.png

Jeff

New User
Jeff
So why does the OP want to switch to full extension slides? Those already look like full extension slides.

I don't understand his point or reason for wanting something else.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
So why does the OP want to switch to full extension slides? Those already look like full extension slides.

I don't understand his point or reason for wanting something else.

I think he's decided to upgrade from a cheaper Rev-A-Shelf pull out system like this, to one similar to this.

Strom

New User
Strom
I wasn't clear when I said I would use the extension slide. After seeing the suggestions here I am going to attach the door to the existing rev a shelf so that the can will come out when I pull the door. Need to get rid of existing hinges and put on a drawer pull. One nice benefit of this conversion is that I will be able to turn the door upside down . The finish where hands have opened the door is worn and while I will fake it a little it s a pickled finish and I will be able hide the repair. Thanks you all again for the ideas.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I wasn't clear when I said I would use the extension slide. After seeing the suggestions here I am going to attach the door to the existing rev a shelf so that the can will come out when I pull the door. Need to get rid of existing hinges and put on a drawer pull. One nice benefit of this conversion is that I will be able to turn the door upside down . The finish where hands have opened the door is worn and while I will fake it a little it s a pickled finish and I will be able hide the repair. Thanks you all again for the ideas.

Can you please take a few pictures of your Rev-A-Shelf now? What is the door attached to now? Pictures?

Strom

New User
Strom
Sorry having some computer problems as in I can't download photos. To end this thread happily ever after ,however, I just wanted to post that rev a shelf has an attachment that will allow me to mount the door on the carriage and thus problem solved. Hooray and thanks guys.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS