New tools, or new to me

Richo B

New User
Richo
Went out to the mountains last weekend for a little rest and to get away from New Bern for a while. While out there I stopped at several antique shops and found the following gems.

Corner Brace_982_Overall_01.jpg

Stanley No. 982 Corner Brace that I bought at Front Porch antiques in Banner Elk area. I've been after this particular tool for several years. There were actually two available in the same stall if anyone else needs one.

Mallet_Strikon 160_Overall.jpg
Strikon 160 Mallet. Very heavy mallet that packs a punch. Only $8 at Lost in Time Antiques in Winston Salem.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
" Stanley No. 982 Corner Brace that I bought at Front Porch antiques in Banner Elk area. I've been after this particular tool for several years. There were actually two available in the same stall if anyone else needs one. "

Tell me how you use this - I'm intrigued. I have not seen one or heard of this.

Richo B

New User
Richo
" Stanley No. 982 Corner Brace that I bought at Front Porch antiques in Banner Elk area. I've been after this particular tool for several years. There were actually two available in the same stall if anyone else needs one. "

Tell me how you use this - I'm intrigued. I have not seen one or heard of this.
I'm posting a video in a separate post in a couple minutes that will explain everything. You're not the first to ask about this.

Brian Patterson

New User
Bstrom
Buying old tools in antiques shops is one of my incurable addictions - they all need a home and don’t require dog food. Bought these recently...

Attachments

• 23EBB0C1-DCAD-4E4E-915E-D6326F1CD918.jpeg
    23EBB0C1-DCAD-4E4E-915E-D6326F1CD918.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 151

Richo B

New User
Richo
Buying old tools in antiques shops is one of my incurable addictions - they all need a home and don’t require dog food. Bought these recently...
Nice marking gauge. I found that at the shops I looked in this time around, several of the molding planes didn't have irons. I've not noticed this before. I'm the type that if the tool requires too much restoration I won't bother buying it. I do too much of that type of work in my job and don't want to bother with it at home.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS