Baltic Birch 3/4 x 4' x 8'

cmarzahn

New User
Chuck
Three or four weeks ago I stumbled on a website selling Baltic Birch.
Comes in from Russia to Elizabeth NJ and to Savannah.
I'm in the Charlotte area.
Got them to give me a quote and got it delivered yesterday on a freight truck with a lift gate to my home..
50 bucks a sheet... Delivered.
Arrived in great shape.
Pretty --- 3/4" x 4' x 8' sheets.
The only "catch" is that you have to buy a bundle.
That's 22 sheets and 2000 pounds.
I went for it because I have a couple large projects (closet renovations)
Thought y'all might want to know.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes I saw the ad and got a quote for 1/8" x 5' x 5' Baltic Birch. The price including freight was under $9 per sheet. The best price I have found in state is $20.00 a sheet. The catch is a bundle has 130 sheets. It would take 15-20 years to use that much and I would have to build an addition on the shop just to store that much.

cmarzahn

New User
Chuck
Yes I saw the ad and got a quote for 1/8" x 5' x 5' Baltic Birch. The price including freight was under $9 per sheet. The best price I have found in state is $20.00 a sheet. The catch is a bundle has 130 sheets. It would take 15-20 years to use that much and I would have to build an addition on the shop just to store that much.
Yep. I get it.
Wouldn't have jumped in if I didn't have a couple of larger projects.
Might work if a couple of folks go together...
Great prices.
I wanted to put it out there that the product and company was legit and delivered on time and as expected.

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
If we could get a couple people together to buy a 22 sheet bundle, I would buy 3-4 sheets of the 3/4" X 4 X 8 Baltic Birch. Also have a friend who may buy 3-4 sheets if perhaps we can put this together.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
If anyone wants to put together a group buy for 1/8" BB I am in for 10 sheets.

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
If we could get a couple people together to buy a 22 sheet bundle, I would buy 3-4 sheets of the 3/4" X 4 X 8 Baltic Birch. Also have a friend who may buy 3-4 sheets if perhaps we can put this together.

Just to be clear, a group buy will be $50.00 a sheet?

vinson

Doug
Corporate Member
I buy this plywood at Catawba Hardwoods in Hickory in any amount. It is really good plywood, 13 plys and no voids or patches. Looks good as well.

Jeff

New User
Jeff

Did you get 3/4" in finished or unfinished at $50/sheet?

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 11.03.31 AM.png
did you get at $50/sheet?

cmarzahn

New User
Chuck
It seems to me that a couple things are important in a group buy.
  1. One is the location.
    1. They quote based on delivery location.
    2. If there's a place to drop it without a lift gate, it's a bit cheaper. (My shipment was thru ABF and I paid 50 bucks to have it dropped on my driveway by a lift gate delivery truck.)
  2. If there is some agreement on location or sufficient interest by location, you will need
    1. someone to get the quote,
    2. arrange for the shipment,
    3. pay for it and
    4. serve as the distribution/pickup place.
I suppose if you can get to a number of sheets in a particular location of a type folks can agree on, it could be done.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
I buy this plywood at Catawba Hardwoods in Hickory in any amount. It is really good plywood, 13 plys and no voids or patches. Looks good as well.
Doug,
What is their pricing for the BB Ply? How are their pricing on hardwoods? might be worth the drive.

Otherwise I'd be in for 3 sheets if the drive isnt too far from Raleigh.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Got them to give me a quote and got it delivered yesterday on a freight truck with a lift gate to my home..

22 sheets delivered to your home in Charlotte by ABS for $50/sheet total including delivery?

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I also got the same quote. It was FOB destination residential in Concord. They didn't have a will-call price. They must be sitting on a bunch of it.

cmarzahn

New User
Chuck
Thanks. What did you pay for the plywood without delivery ($/sheet)? I'm trying to separate the shipping cost from the material cost?
It was 48 and change per sheet delivered plus the 50 bucks for the truck with the lift gate. Spreading the 50 bucks over 22 sheets I just called it 50 a sheet. Hope that helps...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS