Blade size and type

Tonyt

New User
Tony
Bought a Craftsman 351.214000 bandsaw yesterday and want to order new blades. What size blade and what manufacturer do you reccomend?

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Size will depend on your use. I use mostly 1/4 and 3/8. Irwin makes good blade stock. I buy mine from the guys in Polkton, NC whose name escapes me at the moment!

Precision Saw Works is the company. Nice folks to deal with.

Tonyt

New User
Tony
Thanks
What length though?
Size will depend on your use. I use mostly 1/4 and 3/8. Irwin makes good blade stock. I buy mine from the guys in Polkton, NC whose name escapes me at the moment!

Precision Saw Works is the company. Nice folks to deal with.

Tonyt

New User
Tony
The rikon 305 is supposedly the same saw as the Craftsman 214000 so I'm going to order the 70 1/2 blade.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
A little 'gotcha' detail on bands for that saw is blade thickness. You'll want to use .020 thick blades for best results since they will make that sharp bend around a 5" radius wheel a lot easier than the thicker .025 blades. A .025 blade will work well enough for 1/4" wide blades and under. Over 1/4", a .025 blade puts a lot of strain on that little saw's wheel and frame.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
You should be able to find the owners manual online and it will tell you the band diameter.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS